Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with this product?

I have trouble installing it:

After I installed "the game driver 3.1" and plugged in psx/usb bridge (following instructions here, as written in the manual) to install hardware it asks me to install the driver, again?

When I run it from CD it's says the hardware cannot be installed because driver cannot be found?!?!

Ok, so I thought I'd download the new game driver 4.0, from rockfire website, installed it again - still the same problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Player-X said:
I have one of those if the 4.0 drivers don't work maybe you need my reg hack http://www.ngemu.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63399
If that dosn't work maybe you will need a 5V power source for that controller
Would you be kind enough to explain what your reg hack does to registry?
Also, there' s no green/red light on the device, although red "analog" light on PSX pad is working?

Thanks again.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
demon16 said:
I think you used windows 'found new hardware' instead of just ignoring it and use the cd otherwise you would have to remove the driver and try again. :p
But you should check that reg hack out. :)
I followed manual instructions + tried doing that - every time I plug it in "found new hardware" pops up as it's not properly installed(?) even though it is?

Come on guys, you' re my only hope!

· Registered
99 Posts
I have never seen a rockfire psx to usb converter without a light oO but have you tried the 3.0 drivers again because the 4.0 drivers don't work so great on all systems. You could try looking for it in device manager and update the driver manually or it just might be a power fault. Are plugging it in a front panel usb hub or straight from the back? because if there's a few things attached in front there might not be enough power for it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I just exchanged my old psx/usb bridge and got a new one but STILL NO LIGHT. I tried both front and rear usb panels. My iPod works fine, joysticks work fine etc. but not psx/usb converter???

I even used adaptor as instructed in the manual, still nothing?!?!?!

There is, however, red analog light on psx controller meaning it's connected properly?

· Registered
99 Posts
Sounds like a driver problem, but someting doesn't sound right though :p
I think it installed the driver wrong the first time but if you desperate you could go back to a restore point before you installed the converter the first time. If that doesn't work you could use as a last resort :hdbash: , formating and installing a fresh copy of windows but no one wants do that for a small problem :(

Ps: Did you find it under gamepad options in the control panel? :heh:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Player-X said:
Usaily there is only one installer and you won't have that mess there, you seem to have forgotten to install it since it dosn't show up in your control panel
I've installed Driver for it but can't install hardware because it says "no driver found" on the cd, although driver is already installed. Check my first post.

That' s exactly the problem. I can't install hardware!!!

· Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Skeetneetza said:
Would one of you two be kind enough to guide me through the install process? Or take some screenshots of your own?
Usually, after plugging in the converter, your LED lights up and windows detects it and will install a joypad drivers automatically, of course it would be better if you install the offical ones that you have, its installation wizard is like any other, very simple.

So my guess is, your USB port is either broken or doesn't have enough power to support it?

*EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, you HAVE TO plug in a controller.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I've tried all 4 USB ports, all of them work with my iPod! Converter LED doesn't light up after I plug it in even though I've tried with/out 9V adaptor?

However, Windows will recognise it as PSX/USB Bridge in Installation Wizard but won't install it as there is no software available (needless to say, for the 10th time, I' ve already installed the driver)

Screenshot:

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
I don't have this particular one so I don't know what the actual hardware looks like. But just incase, check to see there isn't some small switch on the device that you need to turn on. Thats the trouble I was having when I first got my PSX+N64 USB converter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.