Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great game good graphics 10 hours of gameplay and no bugs Piranha Bytes outdid themself's with this at least until now, this certainly seems closer to a Gothic 4 even if its not related then that crap Jowood seems to work on (though i hope i'm going to be wrong but i ain't getting my hopes up)...

(Oh yes the dialog keep interrupting cause of me i skiped a little, oh yeah and watching tv and playing while recording wasn't the best idea i ever had :lol:)

Some Pics:

The quests are great currently i'm still in chapter 1 but had 10 hours of gameplay so i think i'm really liking it if it still keeps me eager to the seat ^^.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
yeah i got this game too.
It joins together i lot of things i dont like at all in rpgs, but somehow i keep playing it.

The combat is pretty bad in my opinion. if ur facing more than 2 things youre dead.
Inventory is messy
only 3 weapon types
unclear story line
horrible map and quest map.

i dunno why i keep playing it but im like 3 hours in or so.

im still trying to cut back on gaming... lol.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The combat is pretty bad in my opinion. if ur facing more than 2 things youre dead.
That's because like in Gothic you got to "learn how to fight" there are various teachers through the game that teach you how to fight, though depending on what you wanna be you might want to preserve a little you skill points.
And btw i fighted 4 Sea Vultures at the same time and win but the NPC fights sure can prove to be dificult :p

Inventory is messy
Not that messy there are several "tabs" first one shows all of the items second one weapons third armor forth magic fifth potions and food sixth seventh documents and last miscellaneous.
only 3 weapon types
There 2 handed weapons (and maybe you could say the order's weapon/staff could get there separate category but i'll leave them here), Crossbow's, Bow's, one handed weapons, so its pretty much like in any RPG.
unclear story line
That's similar to Gothic first you pretty much struggle to get around survive then (probably after joining a faction) the storyline will slowly begin to unfold.
horrible map and quest map.
They always like to keep the map as basic as possible probably they want to set a certain "feeling" or something, but what i know is the map has been like that from Gothic.
i dunno why i keep playing it but im like 3 hours in or so.
Well same thing happened to me and gothic at first but the more i played the more i fell in love with it hope it will be the same for this game.

does have ninja weapons?
Don't know since i haven't progress that much in the game yet but i doubt it though :lol:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You had me interested .... then I looked up the Bestiary and it was very unimpressive being mainly common WRPG crap consisting of various versions of skeleton and undead and then some generic slightly beefed up common animals like rats, boars etc. and one or two more unique monsters....and then there's the fact that seeing as it's temples rising from the ground giving you access to catacombs and other things that means all main story related battles and evens take place in gloomy dank dark areas....

In fact it sounds like Oblivion when done by Europeans rather than Americans....which actually is the only thing that just might make me end up get the game cuz I need my hack and slash fix and I tend to favour European WRPGs.
O well so much for my interest at least for now.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You had me interested .... then I looked up the Bestiary and it was very unimpressive being mainly common WRPG crap consisting of various versions of skeleton and undead and then some generic slightly beefed up common animals like rats, boars etc. and one or two more unique monsters....and then there's the fact that seeing as it's temples rising from the ground giving you access to catacombs and other things that means all main story related battles and evens take place in gloomy dank dark areas....

In fact it sounds like Oblivion when done by Europeans rather than Americans....which actually is the only thing that just might make me end up get the game cuz I need my hack and slash fix and I tend to favour European WRPGs.
O well so much for my interest at least for now.
If you mean the list on the risen site its lacking quite in mobs there more enemy's to it.

Oblivion like is the wrong way of putting it, its Gothic like although Gothic and the Elder Scroll may have some similar points there not the same. Also this is completely Open World, you can pretty much do as you please (as long as the inquisition doesn't catch you or something doesn't kill you), from what i know in Oblivion there are some restriction. Also in games like gothic there is a stronger character developing though you experience it through the "eyes" of the other characters (npc's).

Anyway some more pics, (the pic with the sword and its stats is probably the strongest one handed weapon you can get in the first chapter) i advanced to chapter 2 XD

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
If you mean the list on the risen site its lacking quite in mobs there more enemy's to it.

Oblivion like is the wrong way of putting it, its Gothic like although Gothic and the Elder Scroll may have some similar points there not the same. Also this is completely Open World, you can pretty much do as you please (as long as the inquisition doesn't catch you or something doesn't kill you), from what i know in Oblivion there are some restriction. Also in games like gothic there is a stronger character developing though you experience it through the "eyes" of the other characters (npc's).
No, I checked the full list on a german fan site.

Also Oblivion is as Open World as you get, yes there are one or two areas you can't go to (and some mods can fix those although they might remain a little glitchy) and you can't enter certain buildings but there's 100s of places you can go to and enter. And with temples popping up it generally would remind me of Oblivion Gates opening up all over Tamriel so I still think the comparison is very appropriate although as I said the game was done by Europeans rather than Americans which does mean there are some major core differences and it's certainly not completely the same, but close enough anyways.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
somehow this game is addicting. Just hit chapter 2, but i gotta stop to study for my polsci test tomorrow :p

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
uhh using cheats for infinte LP and gold. So basically, all classes. but i chose warrior of order. shoulda picked pure mage

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The AA compatibility profile for Vanguard works on Risen

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Some new screens reached chapter 3 with the fighter after i got myself some new armor, but i meah i'm in no mood for a fighter so made a mage, one more q item and i'll be in chapter 3 again :p.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.