Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is only one Phillips CD-i emulator out there, called CD-Ice. and it plays only one game, Rise of the Robots, no sounds, and runs so fast it's unplayable (no frame limiting supported). Thankfully there maybe someone working on a CDi emu :) Okay, so perhaps the bad 3 zelda games, or Mario may not be much of an insentive, but I guess there are alot of people who'd like to see Zelda's dark side, (by dark I mean crap!)

Few screenshots below, and I have attached the emulator (make sure you have 7zip, if not, why the hell not ;) )

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Ahh "Rise of the Robots" how i use to dispise this game. It's just a Battleground knock off which is a knock off of a another game.

CDI eh? Wonder if will get treated to the "7th Guest" version. I myself have always been curious as to the "Super Wingcommander" available for it.

As for Legend of Zelda, "Excusssssee me princess" come to mind now whenever I think of Link in cartoon format.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I had this game for Saturn back in the day.. and boy was it absolutely horrible.. no words to describe the crap.

And to think I traded my friend VirtuaCop for it.. :nono:

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
cooliscool said:
I had this game for Saturn back in the day.. and boy was it absolutely horrible.. no words to describe the crap.

And to think I traded my friend VirtuaCop for it.. :nono:
You traded Virtual Cop for that?!!!! Oh the horror. oO :lol: That game was less than a POS.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
This game was shisno
To quote Red vs Blue
Computer: What is the most foul-smelling animal on your planet
Church: Um... A skunk. Wait, so Shisno means skunk?
Computer: Not exactly. Does a Skunk defocate?
Church: Yes
Computer: And does the skunk's defocation in turn produce its own excrement?
Church: Ew, no!
Computer: Then there is no equivalent for shisno in your language.
Church: Gross
Computer: Like you would not believe.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
i have the dos ver of that game some where. too bad it dont work under XP even if it did i dont think i want to play a 500fps game. i remember it going zoomy on my axp1800 i think, or b4 then.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
GeneralClaymore said:
i have the dos ver of that game some where. too bad it dont work under XP even if it did i dont think i want to play a 500fps game. i remember it going zoomy on my axp1800 i think, or b4 then.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

dos box my friend, does wonders for those classic games.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I'd only call this game classic if you were saying 'a classic example of how not to make a game'

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
I remember playing this game on 486, and it was very slow :rolleyes: cause my cpu was too slow to play this game.

But the game is sucks.

The sequel is a little better (but it's still sucks), has more character and player can change his/her side on the ring (in previous game, character side is unchangable, the blue robot is always on the left side oO ) .

·
Moo.
455 Posts
I think Rise of the Robots was made by Satan. Emulators are gifts, much like ice cream. Lets us contemplate this on our way to enlightenment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts