Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a guide/utility pack somewhere that explains how to rip models, music, etc from gamecube games? I'm especially interested in Eternal Darkness, Resident evil 4 and the 2 metroid games. can you help me?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most dvd/cd drives cant read gc or wii games. I think you need some kind of special drive or the gamecube drive itself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if one rips from the ISO?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dont think you can rip from image files either

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
textures and music have been ripped by someone else, but they did not share the knowledge. where should I look?

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Well you can rip or extract the files in GC/Wii games by right clicking the game on the game list. click the file system tab, then right click the file and select extract.

Textures can be dumped with either the OpenGL or DirectX plugin in Dolphin, by checking the box to enable dumping textures.

As for models, I'm not sure, there was a tool that was a WIP a while back that would have been able to dump models but it wasn't released afaik. I think it was cooliscool that was working on it so you can try sending him a PM inquiring about the tool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In order to extract files I have to use dolphin then? I'm very new to this, sorry for the stupid questions.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Or the Wiiscrubber tool, it's just that Dolphin has a built in tool like Wiiscrubber so you can save yourself from downloading anything else if you are already using Dolphin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can't use dolphin, unfortunately. too weak hardware.

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
You can still right-click on a game from the list, open the "Filesystem" tab and extract the files/folders you want from the game's ISO. You don't need to be running a game to do that.
(Also, unlike WiiScrubber / Wii Browse (IIRC), Dolphin doesn't (longer) have to look for a "key" file to work with Wii games' filesystems)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can? so I can, potentially, from ED get the original music in .adp format? and the SE too?

what if I wanted to rip the VFXes? the speicla effects (magic, weapons etc, not only from ED)

·
Registered
115 Posts
The music from both zelda the wind waker and twilight princess,
uses sequenced music with instrument banks in their own formats.
Music sequences are in the format BMS.
Instrument sounds are in the format AW.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what about the other games I mentioned?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, sorry for butting in, but I was having the same sort of problem as well, only a bit different. I wanted to extract some music and video files, and I think I succeeded, only I have no idea how to play them. The audio are in .ssm or .hps format, and the videos are in .h4m Is there a way to convert them to something tangible?
Thanks.

By the way, I use GCtool instead of Dolphin, but I guess it's the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, sorry for butting in, but I was having the same sort of problem as well, only a bit different. I wanted to extract some music and video files, and I think I succeeded, only I have no idea how to play them. The audio are in .ssm or .hps format, and the videos are in .h4m Is there a way to convert them to something tangible?
Thanks.

By the way, I use GCtool instead of Dolphin, but I guess it's the same.
Use the vgmstream plugin for Winamp. It can play a variety of GameCube music files, including .ssm and .hps. I am assuming you are trying to play music from Super Smash Bros. Melee. ;)
Yes, I know this is an old post.
http://hcs64.com/vgmstream.html (vgmstream)
http://www.winamp.com (Winamp)
You will need to play around with some files in order to get vgmstream to work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you :p I found Chipamp plugin. how is that different?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts