Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to rip music from Grandia game on PSX. I've tried PSound and Cube media player to rip something, but they only find sound from movies. Maybe music can be downloaded from certain sites?(it doesn't matter) Then where?
Thanks for help

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
You are looking for PSF's.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Then, i don't think you can get it like that. Maybe it was published, try to get the cd :p

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Too bad, that there isn't grandia in psf. Maybe there is a way to rip them by myself, but I don't know what to do or it's impossible to rip music from Grandia even in psf format

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've just read that streamed music can't be ripped into psf format, and Grandia seems to have streamed music

·
Registered
2 Posts
Streamed music can be ripped into psf format, that's part of the new psf specifications (since like early summer afaik).
Grandia's music is half streamed, half not. The streams are either in the .str videos (which includes the sound fx) or the gm1.stz (which also includes all the voice samples)

I can't make psfs (too stupid) but the guy who created the psf standard (neillcorlett) also created a psx stream ripper called vb2rip available on his page.
The deinterleave function seems to be broke and I can't fix it myself, but I think if someone plays around with the settings they can do a proper rip.
try neill corlett's home page www.neillcorlett.com for the vb2rip software. psf central on that page has links to the psf files and winamp plugin as well...

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ShinkaHentai said:
Streamed music can be ripped into psf format, that's part of the new psf specifications (since like early summer afaik).
Grandia's music is half streamed, half not. The streams are either in the .str videos (which includes the sound fx) or the gm1.stz (which also includes all the voice samples)

I can't make psfs (too stupid) but the guy who created the psf standard (neillcorlett) also created a psx stream ripper called vb2rip available on his page.
The deinterleave function seems to be broke and I can't fix it myself, but I think if someone plays around with the settings they can do a proper rip.
try neill corlett's home page www.neillcorlett.com for the vb2rip software. psf central on that page has links to the psf files and winamp plugin as well...
Thank for explaining some things about music in Grandia(I thought that they are all streamed(also when I play the game and load state - there isn't music, so it proves that it's not composed)).
I'll try that vb2rip thing to rip something(btw, you know, I've already got the Highly Experimental and some rips, which are not too big, such as FF7 music :thumb: )
Maybe there might be someone, who can rip not streamed music or I'll be sitting with Wave Recorder and record music in that way? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you just want the music (not the satisfaction of sticking it to the man), they have released two 2-disc OSTs and an Orchestrated Music CD called Vent. They are probably still available but they were only released in japan. I have the osts but not vent. You can probably find them on *online stores*.
I know the feeling of wanting to successfully rip something, but the fact of the matter is, it's available on CD in a higher quality format. Plus all the songs intros outros and missing tracks not available in the American release are there.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Ermmm the only legal way to obtain that ost's is to buy them, so please do not direct encourage people to download them, as it's agaisn't ngemu's [rules]rules[/rules]. Closing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.