Next Generation Emulation banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Member Since June 2004
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
i think you must've misunderstood me. you CAN have it convert to mp3 automatically. just checkmark the "audio codec" box and choose your mp3 codec, it should extract the ss2 to wavs, then convert them to mp3 automatically.

every PS2 disc scanner program out there can detect different types of PS2 sound files [or else we'd only need one ;) ]. apparently PSound doesn't detect SS2 files.

i was actually able to get ahold of Onimusha Blade Warriors (a friend had it), and while i had no luck with MFAudio (which supposedly DOES work with SS2's), PSX Multi Converter actually found 257 audio files! (including some MIDI type music files). many of these were cutscenes (i could tell), but wasn't sure, maybe that's what you're looking for? PSXMC only extracts to WAV (and MIDI, obviously), but again you can always bulk convert to mp3 with dbPowerAMP. also, i'm not aware of any other program out there that can rip MIDI-type files from PS2 games.

PSXMC also lets you preview the songs BEFORE converting them. interestingly enough, the first 110 files appear to be staticky (i remembered you saying that after 109 in CMP2 you started hearing static), so maybe those are "dummy" files to just fill space, or maybe PSXMC picks up the ones that CMP2 missed. coincidentally, i've not been able to get Cube to convert ANY of the files it found to wav AT ALL! not sure if i missed a step or not. gonna go over it again...we WILL get this thing solved!

thank you for sticking with me through this. :)

Wait...theres more then 2 ripping tool programs?! since when?! please give me links to all of them each one has a different result as you could tell already.

did the staticy ones sound the same as the one i showed you? It just seems weird that for dummy files they each have their own set of length times.

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
PS2 audio extractors list

Wait...theres more then 2 ripping tool programs?! since when?! please give me links to all of them each one has a different result as you could tell already..
wow, you must be new at this game audio ripping thing. there are dozens and dozens of them out there, and quite a few of those are for PS One + PS2. i've been at it for years, and have amassed quite afew of them, though i don't always keep them (e.g., if they're not useful or if a "better" program exists). this being the case, i'm not going to link them all here, especially since many of them change location (new web addresses as they get pulled or links die). here is a list of some of them for PS One + PS2 though:
Games Audio Player (GAP) 1.32
MFAudio 1.1
PSMPlay 0.4 (07/25) XP
PSS Plex 1.0.0001
PSX Multi Converter 3.23
PSXVideo 1.20
ToWav Music Convertor [.VPK's]
RAD Tools
Sound Reaver 2
BGM2WAV + PS2 Audio Convertor GUI
Cube Media Player 2 v2.05.0117
PSXPlay_1.46
PS2Play 0.50 [PSS]
ADR PSX Movie Player
Extractor 2.5
AFS Extract
hedwadext
Playstation XA Copier v1.0
PS2 VAG interleave value guesser and files extractor 0.1.1
vagextract
vb2rip14
wadRIP-1.0
AFS2ADX
ADX2WAV
NFSU music extractor 1.0.0
PSound 1.33 (which by the way is only meant for sounds, not necessarily musics) and by the way Onimusha Blade Warriors is NOT on PSound's list of supported games.
that's just the tip of the converter iceberg, and some of those only work with certain games, so it takes alot of patience and trying things to find the right one sometimes. and sometimes they just don't HAVE one yet. but if a game is popular enough (and has good enough music) odds are someone will eventually MAKE one.

did the staticy ones sound the same as the one i showed you? It just seems weird that for dummy files they each have their own set of length times.
yeah, they sound similar. maybe it's my imagination, but i almost swear i hear talking behind all the static...you might try checking the files YOU find against the ones here:
Onimusha Blade Warriors OST - Sakurahana
or
http://forum.nihonomaru.com/ost-music/114313-starkillers-game-osts-archive.html
or even
Indowebster Onimusha Blade Warriors OST
i'm assuming you want the musics from the game?
maybe it will help you to determine what can be gotten from the disc.

·
Member Since June 2004
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Nah i can get the music anywhere what i need is the sfx and voice files from the characters. but i cant seem to find any of the sfx past the intros/win voice files.

So all these will rip off the disc too correct?

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
no i'm sure they won't ALL work on Onimusha Blade Warriors in particular, in fact most of them will only work on one particular type of file each. i just thought i'd put a list up, since you had only heard of two rippers. one of them might work, but there's no way of knowing without trying each one. the 2 i PM'ed you worked on many of the files on the disc, but i didn't check if they were just audio or if there were SFX or VOICE files in there, though i know the cutscenes were playing ok.

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
progress...?

so it seems that most of the sound and music files are in this directory (on my disc):
G:\SYSTEM\SOUND\
("G:" is my DVD drive)
there are a group of folders named "ADE**" and one named "ADS01" which contain playable sound files, and one named "ADC1" with (get this) 110 ADC files that i can't play (just like the 110 i mentioned in my earlier post). there's also an "SE" and a "BGM" folder with more files i can't play.
not sure what opens ADC files, since they could contain any codec type (the SSE files from earlier had ADS extensions), and searching the internet so far has been less than encouraging. i found a program the supposedly converts ADC files, but it only works on Unix systems and not Windows:
OGI Speech Tools
hmm...i'll keep checking.

·
Member Since June 2004
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
i got "SE" and "BGM" to extract thanks to PSound and got everything i needed in "SE". now, how do i get cutscenes-movies extracted? also how about picture-type files?

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
GREAT! glad to hear you've got PART of what you were looking for anyway. i've still not been able to get PSound to work right for me.
as for movies it appears as though the only cutscenes you can "rip" from the disc directly are in the PSS directory. it's only 6 files, and 2 are the Capcom logo, and 2 are the end credits. it APPEARS as though the regular cutscenes are just "programmed" character movements of the in-game characters with the sound files added in to make it appear to be "movies". you might have to actually play through the game and capture the video to your PC...
if you want the PSS's, you can use PSS Plex to extract the PSSes into MPEG-2 and WAV audio files. TMPGEnc can re-multiplex them into an .mpg file you can use.
Playstation 2 Utilities - Zophar's Domain
i've not worked much with textures and images, maybe somebody else can help you with that one.

·
Member Since June 2004
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
hey question is it possiable to have cube media player or any other extractor scan a daemon tools mounted image? I downloaded the japanese version of onimusha blade warriors and i want to extract some more stuff from it. i know scan directory works but what about full scans?

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
daemon image ripping

yeah, it should work just like a normal rip. just mount the image before you start CMP, then select the daemon tools drive once it's mounted and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been trying to find a way to rip the soundtrack off of the 1st Fatal Frame game for the PS2. I love the music but I looked online and couldn't find an offical (or even unoffical) soundtrack that contains the music. Both the second and third installments has cd but they only have two songs in japanese not the ambient music. Could anyone direct me to the right program to get the soundtrack off of this game (and maybe the other two titles too.), or even a place that sells the full soundtrack, I don't mind paying for either.

Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
nevermind, I used foxfire instead of internet explorer and it downloaded just fine. I just wish they would release this stuff on to a CD so I wouldn't have to do this. I much prefer to buy it then to download it (or even rip it myself)

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
amen to that, i like to give credit where credit's due (when credit's due). but in the meantime, you can always count on the fans :)
while you're at it, you might thank the guy who's sharing it if you really want to give credit ;)
cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I try to give credit when ever I can. Now all I need is Shadow of Destiny ost and Silent Hill: St (but that one will most likely come with cd for Preorder) and I'll be happy for now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all the recommendations on PS2 audio ripping tools. I tried many but finally found a winner in PSound.

However, the end result was a skippy audio track. So I made an image but that didn't seem to help either. Any ideas here?

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all the recommendations on PS2 audio ripping tools. I tried many but finally found a winner in PSound.

However, the end result was a skippy audio track. So I made an image but that didn't seem to help either. Any ideas here?
yes, many programs rip sound, but PSound is the only one i know of written specifically with Sound Effects in mind.

what do you mean by "skippy"? does it loop the sound twice, then go to the next part of the sound, or are there just gaps in the sound? did you check the bottom of the disc (in sunlight) for smudges/scratches? what game are you working with?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes, many programs rip sound, but PSound is the only one i know of written specifically with Sound Effects in mind.

what do you mean by "skippy"? does it loop the sound twice, then go to the next part of the sound, or are there just gaps in the sound? did you check the bottom of the disc (in sunlight) for smudges/scratches? what game are you working with?
The sound/music skips. I ripped a single BGM type file and converted it to WAV and both were very choppy/skippy in delivery.

The game/disc in question is Gradius 3 & 4 (NTSC-J) which is a PS2CD format. It also has been resurfaced once before. So, unsatisfied with the initially poor results, I made an image of the disc to try and eliminate the skipping, however this too was without success.

I probably spent most of yesterday trying to get a program that works to extract a single audio file and albeit with the far from ideal results with PSound, it's still not what I need.

·
the darkflux
49 Posts
The sound/music skips. I ripped a single BGM type file and converted it to WAV and both were very choppy/skippy in delivery.

The game/disc in question is Gradius 3 & 4 (NTSC-J) which is a PS2CD format. It also has been resurfaced once before. So, unsatisfied with the initially poor results, I made an image of the disc to try and eliminate the skipping, however this too was without success.

I probably spent most of yesterday trying to get a program that works to extract a single audio file and albeit with the far from ideal results with PSound, it's still not what I need.
wait is it the SFX you want, or the musics? PSound was made for Sound Effects. if you want the music from those games, i need to know the filename extension to help you there, or you can get them here:
GameStone - View Single Post - Request: Gradius III sound effects
If you want SFX, you can always get them here:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
let me know :)

P.S., also, PSound doesn't list Gradius on it's supported games list...just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, I want the music however PSound is the only program to even be remotely successful at extracting that aspect as I've tried.

Also, the music I seek is exclusive to G3&4 as it isn't from either game but rather the title screen.

wait is it the SFX you want, or the musics? PSound was made for Sound Effects. if you want the music from those games, i need to know the filename extension to help you there, or you can get them here:
GameStone - View Single Post - Request: Gradius III sound effects
If you want SFX, you can always get them here:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
let me know :)

P.S., also, PSound doesn't list Gradius on it's supported games list...just a thought.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts