·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Where can I find a tutorial about extracting roms from .wad files? xD

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly no. How would I get the games onto my SD card? I tried going to the channel menu and putting the game onto it, then putting it into my computer, but it shows up as a .app and not a wad.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Search "How to dump .wad files" in Google. xD

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
From the same places where instructions are available for turning roms into wad files.
Dump the filesystem to an sd card with apps like fs dumper, and dig in WII_FS/TITLE/00010001/4A414D4D/CONTENT and open 00000000.APP or 00000007.APP with a textpad to see which game is witch. Despite the firmware updates, I doubt the methods changed much.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks! :D
BTW, do you know that some Spain men collabored in the Wii scene? xD

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Perfectly legal.
Once extracted from their container, the files are even in regular ROM format and play in emulators without any edits needed. Once you have a VC game bought, you basically obtained the right to it.
It's an interesting way to turn a ROM collection legal, especially as physical ripping is unnecessary, yet you remain entitled to a backup.

An old guide was posted at 1emu
Nintendo Wii Virtual Console games just ROMS and HTML files? - 1Emulation.Com

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I copied a VC channel to my SD card and put it into my computer. The first time I got a .bak and a .dat file, as well as a zipped file which started an endless loop of zipped files. The second time I got different folder names and only the zipped file. Which too-straightforward-to-be-correct function was incorrect?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.