Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending over 500 bucks to replace the coil in my brothers car, i decided i wanted some new parts for my computer...Kidding, i decided long beforehand. Anyway, i finally decided to cross over to Intel, once again. So i ordered THIS. Of course, you can´t use a processor without a motherboard to match it, so i ordered THIS as well. Oh, and crap. I currently use DDR2 ram, the new motherboard uses DDR3. So, i of course had to order some new ram, THIS

Do you like? Is it awesomecake? Lemme know. I will update this topic when my parts arrive, to let you know how it works. My previous specs are in my sig (I have more RAM and an ATI card now) Also, tell me if the links are working or not.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Kr, lol. Norwegian krones, or kroner. 1 dollar = 6,498 kroner. Anyway, the total in US dollars is 1 312,590. My apologies, i should have been more specific on that part.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ugh, you should've saved on the cpu by getting the 920, it overclocks to the stock 940 and 950 clocks with ease. and is more then half the price.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ugh, you should've saved on the cpu by getting the 920, it overclocks to the stock 940 and 950 clocks with ease. and is more then half the price.
Yeeeaaah, not a big fan of overclocking...It is perfectly safe if you know what you are doing, but it is something i find more of a hassle. Besides, i have the money for it anyway, so it´s not a big problem.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice man, those i7's are unparalleled right now. Team that up with a GTX 270 ~ 285 and you'd have a Supreme Victory.

To rich for my blood though. lol

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yeah.. but you just paid double for the same chip at a slightly higher speed.

maybe if the performance was double it would be worth it, but its not even.

Nice man, those i7's are unparalleled right now. Team that up with a GTX 270 ~ 285 and you'd have a Supreme Victory.

To rich for my blood though. lol
nah, i7's are best used with multigpu systems since it unlocks the the other 20% of performance usually not available in an SLI/XFire setup.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah.. but you just paid double for the same chip at a slightly higher speed.

maybe if the performance was double it would be worth it, but its not even.

nah, i7's are best used with multigpu systems since it unlocks the the other 20% of performance usually not available in an SLI/XFire setup.
I think that goes without saying. But even in non-multigpu systems the best i7's out pace anything AMD has I'm sad to say.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.