Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

I've read one game review at a different page, and apart from that one labeling it as a mediocre game, I let the reviews at amazon speak for themselves.

Atari is known for being a financially unstable company delivering crappy games (with a few exceptions every so often). Now they put in a DRM worse than Spore. 3 Installs....

Atari, jumping on the bandwagon while others have already desperately abandoned it :p

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They actually released it? I remember it was finished before the first expansion pack was even to be released. I was still lurking their forums back then, posting from time to time because I enjoyed the regular game so much. I haven't touched it for a year now though I'm still interested in their work. How did they release it? Did their little experiment fail after all?

I'm still hoping for Atari to go bankrupt, to be honest. I'm sorry for the people working there, but in the end it's for the better if the good licenses, such as Forgotten Realms/DnD, are being sold to capable companies.

I made the saving throw btw, I still had a little counterspell on a scroll somewhere... "Romanes eunt domus" ;)

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Usually the DRM is forced by the publisher, I doubt his studio has anything to do with it. The only thing they could do is break the publishing contract.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.