Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
32 Posts
Rice released his great video plugin over <a href="http://www.emutalk.net">Emutalk</a>. Quoting what he said :
  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

This is not intend to be a formal and regular release. I have got some spare time recently and worked on the project again for sometime. I have done something good and would like to share it with our N64 emulation lovers.

I cannot remember what I have been doing since I have done it here and there unconsistently over a long period of time. Here are something in my mind for important fixes:
  • Near plane clipping. New implementation on top of software vertex clipper is able to simulate N64's near plane clipping algorithm on DirectX. It allows graphics before the near clipping plane to be shown without being clipped. It should work for all the games, but I tested it with Zelda OOT and GoldenEye. This new feature makes many games looks better (less graphics glitches)
  • New ucodes supported for new games, even though some such games are not actually supported by the CPU core or audio plugin
    Feedback is welcomed. As the author, I like to see how good or how bad the plugin is. Since I won't work on it consistently, it is not likely that I will work on them in the way as everyone wants.

Rice
» You can leave your feedback on this <A HREF="http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25294">thread</A>
» Download Rice Video 5.9.9 from <A HREF="http://www.ngemu.com/n64/plugins.php?cat=3&os=win32&type=gpu">here</A>
» Source : *Lady and F-3582 on the forums

·
Extra Terrestrial Visitor
210 Posts
Works for me but it takes you to a folder full of other stuff so I have no idea which one to get...

·
Resident Rabble Rouser
174 Posts
Emutalk sucks. Great new plugin Rice. Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. is fully playable, minor errors. The text in destruction derby is a little messed up, doesn't effect playability though, really. Mia Hamm soccer gets through all kinds of menus, but it's really difficult to navigate, so I'm not sure if it goes in game. Exact same story with Michael Owens WLS 2000. Infernal machine and ken griffey slugfest both show more than ever, but are still unplayable. As far as I can tell, "Hey you pikachu" plays perfectly now... stupid game though! Dark Rift shows the start up screen then bombs out. Command and Conquer is playable. The menus are kinda thrashed, but the game seems perfect.... dunno. Gauntlet legends is still pretty jacked, flickering, with no audio. Maybe this is emu problem, not vid. Rogue Squadron really wants to do something, showing partial start up screens, but then just fades to white and stays there. Battle for Naboo is suspiciously similar. stunt racer 64 has perfect loading then just stops.. Vigilante 8 is playable. The menus are jacked, but the game is playable. I'll try to post a screenshot later because I've never seen this game before! Second offence I couldn't get through the menus, but the sound track is pretty rad, and I'd never heard it before. The rear view mirror in RR64 is a little off..
anyway, AWESOME PLUGIN RICE!!! TOTALLY SWEET! THANKS SO MUCH!

·
Extra Terrestrial Visitor
210 Posts
n_w95482 said:
You get the one labeled Rice video plugin 5.9.9, second from the top :p.
Yeah, NOW it's easy to figure out. Smartass! :lol: Before it was just a folder. Thanks! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts