Next Generation Emulation banner

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure in 1.5.2

788 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  I-Chan 
#1 ·
I'm having a few problems with this game that need a-fixin'. The main problem is that sometimes, not all the time, mind you, the load times hang for quite a bit before getting to the next screen. I can tell that this is going to happen because when the company logos and stuff are flashing by at the beginning, the transition screens in between the logo and the menu screen can take upwards of 30 seconds of screen time. This also happens when I go to the gallery to listen to some music. I choose a song to listen to, but the screen will fade to black while the menu music plays for about half a minute, then when a screen pops up, the song and the lyrics are terribly out of sync. It skips over the pre-song credits, as well.

The strange thing is that this doesn't happen all the time. After resetting a lot, I notice that the game works fine the odd time when the logo screens come by normally. Needless to say, having to reset a random amount of times just to get something to work properly gets tiresome after a while.

The other problem is that the analog sticks don't work for some reason. They work in other games I've tried, but it's all buggery in Rhapsody. The first thing I notice is that the controller isn't noticed at all until I press F5 to switch to analog control; something I don't have to do with other games. Even then, the analog sticks don't function whatsoever.

I'm hoping that these problems aren't directly related to v1.5.2, since I like to play Chrono Cross a lot, and I've never had any luck with playing in on the newer version. I'm using the Eternal SPU plugin, and my video stuff is as follows:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9600 x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00001000]

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
Chrono Cross works with 1.6.0, just start epsxe with the -noauto command line switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.