Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a copy of Rhapsody 2 - Japanese, and I can't get it to work with epsxe. I don't have a modded PS2, so I can't tell if the disc itself doesn't work. I have it burned to an ISO, and it starts up, but I think it immediately freezes.

The 'Nippon Ichi Software Presents' screen comes up, then it just freezes there with the words stuck on the screen, no sound (but as a software screen I doubt it would have sound). I turned on the FPS meter to see if it was doing anything and that number gets stuck also.

I tried a bunch of settings, I used 1.5.2 and 1.6.0, I tried pressing F7, using -noauto, turning off sound; nothing works. I have the log window running, it doesn't report any errors, it gets down to Init core spu ... ok, and the cursor keeps blinking so at least that's not stuck.

Someone mentioned running the bios from the file menu... what exactly am I supposed to be looking for when the bios is running? It came up with the memory card and CD player menu, and I've used epsxe for a few of my older games before so I'm not new to the program.

I'm using the SPCH1001 bios, is there a different one I should be using with Japanese imports?

I'm using a Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
there's nothing wrong with imported games, but.....

Forumchibi said:
I have it burned to an ISO, and it starts up, but I think it immediately freezes.
do you have a downloaded game? if you do that may very well be the problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The purpose of running the BIOS is to make sure it DOES load to begin with. The region of your BIOS shouldn't matter at all. If it is anything like its predecessor, try using Pete's Soft GPU plugin w/ it. That seems to be what fixed the first game for a couple people. I can't find much info on the game, even from gamefaqs.com and importers. Is there another title for it perhaps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The game isn't downloaded, I did get it used on eBay though. I tried using it on CD with the same results, and burned it to an ISO to see if that would give me errors if the disc was defective or if my PC didn't like a Japanese disc, but I that hasn't worked either obviously.

Another title is 'Little Princess Marl Oukoku no Ningyouhime 2' I found a website of it with pictures here: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/little-princess/index.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
Seriously...I don't know how to help you with this one except to suggest testing out different plugins and emulators...I can't find much info at all, even though I found a lot more using the "Little Princess" title. Graphics look 2-D so i would suggest Soft GPU for its compatibility. Definitely give some other emulators a shot too though.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
your first stop should be here: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65247

and remember to use the original CD...that will be your best bet. "i burned the game because i thought my computer didnt like japanese discs". japanese CDs are no different than CDs produced elsewhere...and besides, if it DIDNT, for some reason, like the japanese disc, why would the burned one work and the original not? oO but whatever, i'm here to help, not make fun of you, right? ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe he meant he created an ISO file, not burned a new disc...I could be wrong though. Just FYI, the only times it matters where the disc is from is when you are playing on an unmodded console or watching a DVD movie from a different region.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
yeah, and neither of those things would matter to a computer. well, in the case of a different region DVD, the disc would be read but not played. except if you have a region free DVD drive (like me :D )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never gotten an import game before, I figured if it wouldn't work in the PS2 it probably wouldn't work straight in the computer either. :p But I got it to work when I used the CD with PSXEven! Thanks a lot everyone :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.