Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm looking for some new help to assist in reverse engeneering Final Fantasy 7's engine. I have a good chunk of it done, (More than half done between the PC and PSX versions), but is getting a little tedious to document. I can use some help from people who have the PSX or PC version. You can start by reading my unfinished technical documentation on the engine and help fill in the blanks. There is also a hacking forum if you wish to help out.

My engine document is here.
http://the-afterm.ath.cx/gears/

The pdf is Gzipped as I have limited bandwith and streaming a PDF via a plugin hurts a little. Winzip should be able to understand gzipped files. (For you windows users out there)

I'm updating the kernel system right now, but feel free to hack a bit with the data formats.

Oh, forgot, the hacking site can be found at http://www,qhimm.com

-halkun

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Why? For fun?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
hal said:
What? Why reverse it? Well, yea. for fun ^_^
Ok, just wondering :p

·
OUYA Angel Backer
197 Posts
Hey it's Qhimm! I remember you. You posted on the old alt.games.final fantasy newsgroup way back when. Eeek, those were my dialup days. Eh you probably don't remember me. I didn't post much.

Anyway, good luck on your reverse engineering. I've always admired your work on your website. It's been pretty unique for years. But then all those old guys from the newsgroup are up to something it seems these days. I also stumbled on Sky Render's FF6J translation to English project.

I've been meaning to go through his entire translation line by line and do some editing to help weed out the little problems.

OK I'm rambling. Good luck on your reverse engineering. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Do you think you'd be able to use and of the information you gathered to do stuff like allow higher resolutions or fix the speed in the minigames? Or better yet, maybe it could be used to create a complete open source version of FFVII! Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

·
Registered
350 Posts
__Xzyx987X said:
Do you think you'd be able to use and of the information you gathered to do stuff like allow higher resolutions or fix the speed in the minigames? Or better yet, maybe it could be used to create a complete open source version of FFVII! Hey, a guy can dream can't he?
That could be a ngemu comunity project :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts