Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the great game Return fire, but i have no music(only sound). The musics are some files with extension RAW, which seem to be a WAV file(I can play them using a wav player). When i see the intro, i can hear the music(it's a WAV file too). But when selection screen shows or game starts, i can't hear it.

I'm using lastest epsxe release, i tested all plugins with no success, i want to know if somebody has the same problem. I'm using PAL version of Return Fire.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Are you running off of the CD or off of an ISO? If you're using an ISO, try using Mooby's plugin. Also, make sure the top 3 boxes in the main sound configuration window are checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
n_w95482 said:
Are you running off of the CD or off of an ISO? If you're using an ISO, try using Mooby's plugin. Also, make sure the top 3 boxes in the main sound configuration window are checked.
Yes, i did it. It's a cloneCD image, i mounted it using daemon tools and CDrmooby plugin, also i checked those boxes...but with no luck. :(

Perhaps is a bug in ePSXe. :/

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
ePSXe still have some few bugs, there's nothing wrong about thinking this could be one. If what's been suggested doesn't work, you can try other emulators like PSXeven or PCSX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I-Chan said:
ePSXe still have some few bugs, there's nothing wrong about thinking this could be one. If what's been suggested doesn't work, you can try other emulators like PSXeven or PCSX.
I tested with PCSX and SSSPSX(a new Japanese PSX emulator). And the same result. It's not a CDDA problem, because Musics are WAV files. I don't know what's the problem. Well, if somebody has the game, i want to know if he has the same problems...

Dunno if it's an emulation bug, but i remenber that Fifa96 had an input emulation bug(Controls doesn't work), so it can be one.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
CDDA sound is wav, so try the suggestions about cdda audio.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
tried the internal ePSXe sound plugin? Eternal, and Peops too? tried PSXeven?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hushypushy said:
PSXeven doesn't work on my machine, and i tried the others, and no success, what's strange is that title music is played(I think that it's a video and a WAV), but the others wavs arent'. If some of you can get the Game, please test it on an emulator and tell me if music works.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i dont have this game, ive never even heard of this game. sorry.

why doesnt PSXeven work? PSXeven is excellent, you just need to take that one extra step to download the pad plugin :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hushypushy said:
PSXeven 0.18 doesn't work, but 0.17 works, so i tested it, and no success, i have the same problem...peraps my dump is wrong, but it's a bit strange :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts