Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
640*480,1024*768,1600*1200
These resolution not difrence.........
Whatever you use the graphic quality look same at all.
If it have any difrence please correct me.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well that sometimes depend upon your 3d card,but I have also observed that there is no difference of graphics when U change the Resolution.I agree with U on 100 percent

Ali
M.L.A

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
there is a little difference if you look at the edges of objects in a 3d game like tekken 3 or gran tourismo 2...... with bilinear filtering on, it is easier to see the subtle difference........ With FSAA 4x on then the difference is huge.... a resolution at 800x600 with FSAA 4x on looks greatly better than 1024x768 with no FSAA..... check the screen shots section and see for yourself......

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Also the bigger the monitor the more noticeable the difference. However, most games really don't have all that big of a change between the three resolutions outside of slower frame rates.

·
Registered
52 Posts
blame me for using Rage 128 3D accelerator, i generally believe higher resolution is better. but never go beyound 1024*768 as it would present a pointless problem: sure the image are smoother, but they aren't necessary faster.

even GeForce3 would choke out at such high resolution:D

·
Kupo kupo?
93 Posts
Yeah, my monitor sux.(it has a Blur effect, something like REAL Enbended Hardware FSAA hehe without speed drops :))
so i didnt notice the diifference between resolutions.
but now i fixed it and i can tell u. its diferent between 640x480
and higher res.
it will depend on the size and quality of monitors

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I run in 640x480 with all the filtering options to max (using Petes D3D) and I tried it at 800x600 and didn't notice anything when I changed it to 640x480 (even on MGS) except that 640x480 ran a lot faster. Kinda strange, but you'll notice resolution change if you run 4000x300 (in petes D3D)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Francisko
Try Metal Gear Solid at each resolution and you will see the difference!!
Like I said, most games don't. Some, like MGS, definitely do. Basically games with a lot of 3D graphics have considerable differences (although sometimes 2D games have just as considerable a difference). And this might seem like a silly point, but 32 bit color is better than 16 in similar, more limited circumstances.

S

·
0 Posts
surely in many games it doesn't make a big difference because they were designed for a console that does 320x240...some games have detail beyond that resolution though, among them MGS...that and 640x480 always looks better than 320x240...but that's because the difference between those 2 resolutions is HUGE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts