Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone get this game to work right? I have two very irritating problems that happen on both the Iso and the disk.
1. When you start a game, there is a very long pause after the opening text.
2. No speech. The characters would only say the first syllable in a sentence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey,

I got a copy that doesn't include the protection fix. So if you have PAL version you can just burn it into ISO with CDRWin, then download the fix and run it from ISO.

A better option is to use VGS, like me. Version 1.4.1 runs it perfectly, and it could be just me but VGS gives me better graphics than ePSXe w/ Pete's plugins. Too bad VGS doesn't have much compatibility.

RE3 is beautiful!!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Iced~Metal
and it could be just me but VGS gives me better graphics than ePSXe w/ Pete's plugins. Too bad VGS doesn't have much compatibility.
I dont agree with both of these comments.
I mean epsxe is far better when it comes to graphics and everyone knows that VGS has the maximum compatibility.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To each his own. By compatibility, do you mean playable, or acceptable? VGS plays alot of games, yes, but many are unacceptable. It's just isn't as configurable or as tweakable as ePSXe, hell if you wanted you could even create your *own* plugin to suit your needs or for a certain game.

However I'm not a programmer, just a hardcore gamer giving my opinion... RE3 just looks great w/ VGS. I didn't have to choose any video settings either, just boot-up and play. Luck had a big factor of course. Not all games are so easy to setup and play.

And Front Mission 3... man I love this game but it looks like sh*t on ePSXe w/ Pete's video plugin. The settings aren't the problem either... the wanzers just look blocky. The FMV's are good though. Couldn't try it w/ VGS because its on an ISO.

Anyways, in conclusion I don't wanna debate about which emu is superior... just gonna say, in my experience, RE3 works best w/ VGS.

Happy gaming!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ok , ok guys, stop chatting and let's help Ozzy...

I've RE3 NEMESIS PAL and it work nice with ePSXe. At the beginning i've the same problems as yours.:(

But you can resolve them because the speech problems and the loading problems are the same 1. Use the internal ePSXe cd plugin, and check ONLY the "Enable accurate cdrom timing", and it'll work.
;)

Please reply if u're still in trouble.

And IcedMetal, the best compatibility is VGS but the better gfx are with ePSXe!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just found out that RE3 was one of the games that have better gfx than others, with VGS. ePSXe is undeniably the better gfx emu, simply because of the fact that most of the plugins support 3D render (while VGS is software). Soooo.. try your best to get ePSXe to work with it, VGS is a last resort.

While *I* try to get RE3 to even load with ePSXe. I get some kind of CD error, i have the NTSC U/C version so I *think* it might be the protection.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Ozzy
This is a message for FiveFeet8:
Is that RE2 screenshot you posted from Leon's CD? I thought ePSXe couldn't run it because of a core bug.
Yes. It runs fine for me.. I have the Ntsc version of RE2.. non dual shock.. Accurate cd rom timing is enabled..

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Originally posted by skaiboy feisar
Ok , ok guys, stop chatting and let's help Ozzy...

I've RE3 NEMESIS PAL and it work nice with ePSXe. At the beginning i've the same problems as yours.:(

But you can resolve them because the speech problems and the loading problems are the same 1. Use the internal ePSXe cd plugin, and check ONLY the "Enable accurate cdrom timing", and it'll work.
;)

Please reply if u're still in trouble.

And IcedMetal, the best compatibility is VGS but the better gfx are with ePSXe!!!!!!!
Well, the Enable accurate cdrom timing, is not only whit internal, but whit all the other and yeahh, this is the solution ^^

By the way, I didn´t see any problems whit any of the CD I can play the both, the claires and leons

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Originally posted by Ozzy
BTW, RE3 is randomly crashing on me. Sometimes the fps would go down to 1 frame/30 seconds and stay that way.
To me it seems like same problem as RE2, just turn on the 'accurate cdrom timing' and it will work, but disable to the other games, cauze is less compatible ^^

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.