Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've a voodoo 3 and i played here a few times ago....i can't confirm what u said, but since the game was a piece of garbage, a crap worse than the resident evil for psx being played in the VGS....I supose that it will not need such things as good video cards, only 3dfx, or even 3d cards.....I dunno but the graphics sucked....

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I have the original Resident Evil PC.... it only supports 4 or 5 different accelerators, but you only get superior image quality if you use a Voodoo graphics video card... it doesn't even work on a Voodoo2 without a patch. As for the graphics quality, it's definitely similar to playing RE PSX on ePSXe with hw acceleration... *only* if you use a Voodoo1/Voodoo2 video card (haven't tried Voodoo3 yet).

[edit] oh and if your video card is not on the "supported" video card list, it won't work...... I don't know how well it'll work with a glide wrapper though.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Hmm, RE-1 pc.
I searched for the game in my area.No help.
I searched for a demo on net.No help still.
And then I played psx version on epsxe and stopped searching for pc version.

Yep ,it was known to be glide exclusive though.(atleast in the earlier releases).

G

·
resident evil 1-3 were released on pc...the 3d card support in the first one is kinda bad, also, the speech is out of sync with the video. This also happens in the pc port of megaman legends.
Both resident evil 1,2 and megaman legends are also stuck at 640x480..I heard dino crisis pc had this too but resident evil 3 pc supposedly supports 1024x768. In case of pc ports however, I consider capcom to be more like crapcom. I know some of the sega pc ports have problems too, but they improved with later releases. However, in capcom's case it's very clear that they're rushed. My advice to capcom: Take a little more time and do proper ports.

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
I have the 2nd one but Its lost in my room. :) It didnt support any cards I think. The PC version sucks. :)

·
In limbo
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jes got the game!

Haven't tried it out yet but I hope it'll work on my GeForce3. I'm betting RE2 will work fine with the GF3 tho. I got the RE1 and RE2 3 CDROM set. Can't find any copies of RE games for the PSX here coz most PSX games sold here are pirated ones and the government recently has been pretty tough on folks who're selling pirated CDs, so I got the PC versions instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.