Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started to use PCSX and find that it does work with some games but when I try to play any of the resident evil images I have it shows the first screen of the game and then goes black. Any help would be appreciated

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
just copy the unzipped/downloaded files to the 'plugins' folder in your emu directory, then select it in pcsx config.

.....actually, try these plugins:

D3D renderer 1.11 [PAL frame limit=25, 30 for ntsc] SAPUcdr 1.0, eternal spu 1.4

the peteogl2 works better with epsxe, in pcsx i found it to be slow loading and framerate varies too much [smooth then slow motion on my 512mb 9500GT]. if you do a google search for "D3D renderer 1.11" download [or "gpuImpactD3D.dll"] you'll find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this probably sounds stupid but after I copy the downloaded files to my plugins directory how do I configure it? I also tried D3D renderer but don't know how to make it work.

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
um.....pcsx has a menu called 'configuration' it should be pretty straightforward from there, select the 3 plugins from the droplists, configure D3D renderer 1.11 frame limit=25, or 30 for ntsc, leave default settings for other 2 unless you have virtual drives - then change sapucdr to the drive you want. those 3 plugins work well on most games i try, don't have res-evil though.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
like i've said, DO NOT USE 1.0.
use 1.3!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I go to preferences and then to the graphics drop down list there is only one plugin. I see the configure button but it doesn't help me right now because I can't select a different plugin

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
you have not copied the .dlls to the correct 'plugins' directory then. and by all means try sapucdr 1.3, but i never needed it.

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
'package contents'? i'm not familiar with this concept... oh, you are using an intel mac, huh?
then d3d [micro$oft directX based] won't work [unless you put winXP on it],......sorry to mislead you, but still try petesogl 2.9, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well I've tried the link but all the instruction on these things seem to be talking about some other pscx program with a config folder that I don't seem to have. If someone has any help that would be great but I'm starting to accept that they wont work for me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.