Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I don't think that such title should honor the 10th RE anniversary, another remake, I wonder why not a RE2 remake for fan sake Oo. "mouth-to-mouth resuscitation" give me a break.

The graphics looks like the n64 RE0 :D

thanks for the news.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its really just time for capcom to make something fresh and new. I used to be a fan until right after the PS days. Nothing for the new systems are worth squat. They keeps shelling out RE of SF games over and over and over and over and.......

·
Registered
858 Posts
malice2501 said:
Its really just time for capcom to make something fresh and new. I used to be a fan until right after the PS days. Nothing for the new systems are worth squat. They keeps shelling out RE of SF games over and over and over and over and.......
Well Resident evil is a good series, but i do beleive there getting a little crazy with it, and why the DS?, ist crap, if they wanted to go portable they should have went to the PSP.... :( oO

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
another remake.....do something new god dammit!

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Well I think it's more about the market. Let's take Square as an example. They've lost many in the process of making that first Final fantasy movie. And I also heard that games like "Chrono Cross" didn't sell good in Japan (Although it broke the expected records in USA) . The problem is that most fans like "Final Fantasy" Although Square have more good series (Like Parasite Eve) but they don't sell the same way. So what should Square release between each "Final Fantasy" game and another? A remake, or a port or even some less quality games with the name of "Final fantasy" on (I'm talking about Final fantasy tactics advance which had a less than average storyline).

If you check Square-Enix's site you can find a category that's called "Popular games", which contains only three series : "Final Fantasy", "Kingdom Hearts" and "Fullmetal Alchemist".
So what would make Square release now a risked probability game unless it was very well planned even with less number of copies. Instead they can keep milking FF7 and add more and more titles with it's name (Are they 4 titles so far?).

Side note : Do you know that Square rereleased FF1 4 times after the original NES game? Wonderswan, PSX, Japanese mobiles and GBA. Oh great and still ppl buy it. Do you still think companies should stop remaking and porting?

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
So, if you say about the market, cloudvii then Capcom should release both RE2.0 and RE Zero on PS2. Gamecube is in agony and there are many more PS2 owners who would REALLY love to see and play RE2.0 and Zero (including myself or KanedA for example;). Capcom wouldn't lose anything by taking this step I presume.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that porting brings in mor money for a company, but its really time for them to do something new. There is no reason why all of the RE PS1 games cant fit on one DVD. I loved the first RE, it was my favorite one out of them all. (The Master of Unlocking!) But i refuse to play a game that looks only slightly better on a more powerful system for 20 bucks. If they release a RE compilation, then we can talk.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Well I don't know about Zero. Since as far as I know it was exclusively for Nintendo machines. Nothing can change that (If it's true I mean) but looking at other resident evil games we see that RE2 and 3 were ported for GC but with the same old graphics (Just a direct port, not like RE1 remake). So another porting for PS2 wouldn't be hard specially that RE games returned once again to PS2 with RE4 and RE Online.

But still that depends if they think it'll give money for them. Maybe if they port RE gun survivor it'llgive more money than RE2.0 (ofcourse that's impossible but it's an example ;) )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.