Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no possibilities to play the PS2 version of this game, so I decided to buy a cheaper Dreamcast version. Will I miss much?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
wha?? oO ... hmmm... I think you were trying to run it on PCSX2... it's known that this emu is still in early development and can't run most of game, and those it can run... give very low fps... anyway AFAIK if you'll try to run DC version on chankast it'll have some glitches too, because Chankast is also in early development...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Did he mention anything about emulating KanedA? ;)

I haven't played the PS2 version, but I own the DC version, and it is GREAT, a MUST have :) It is a great game 'as is', I read in reviews (why not check the ones at www.gamefaqs.com , www.gamespot.com , www.ign.com ) that the DC version might be better (in terms of graphics).

Anyway, I can tell you that it certainly won't disappoint you :)

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Evaldas said:
I have no possibilities to play the PS2 version of this game, so I decided to buy a cheaper Dreamcast version. Will I miss much?
It has an extended scene or two and an extra report file (from that frosty blond guy) that’s about it.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
CV:X for ps2 added a more indepth cutscene between two key players. It's worth watching, but nothing to go out of the way and spend money for.

The extra information can be read on many sites. The Dc version also handles alot better. The load times are shorter, and has a bit and I mean a small bit crisper look to it.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
I have the Dreamcast version. I need to play it sometime...

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Isn't the PS2 version of CV the equal of the (import) Director's Cut version of CV? In any case, the Dreamcast version wins hands down... PS2 got an average port.

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your opinions, guys. I know that the development of Dreamcast has been stopped, therefore I was afraid because of the possible quality of the game. But considering the price one must be REALLY dumb choosing PS2 games (where I live the console costs about 700 - 800 $, and more than 200 $ for each game - an approximate estimation bearing in mind the difference of life standard). So in this particular case the obsolete, cheap Dreamcast seams to be a solution.

And I know about the PS2 emulation. I really doubt if it will ever be finished, and even if it will, it will not match my minimum computer requirements (even though they are superior to the ones required for playing modern PC games and using all the present emulators).

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
The DC version made me interested in the series. But are the others still nice to play if I've played Code: Veronica? (I mean the older ones :))

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
IMO, Code Veronica is the worst RE ever (if you take out the Gun Survivor ****s).

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That promises a lot for the other games, Code Veronica is one of the best DC games I have ;)

/goes on a hunt for RE2

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first RE was my very first PSX game. Before it I thought computer games were just a silly waste of time. Actually I never "went out" of RE since I am mostly interested in survival horror games and I can hardly stand other sorts. That is why after these long thrilling nights of playing Resident Evil 1 (when opening every door in the mansion seemed worth of bravery award as moaning zombies and dogs jumping out of sudden, unsolvable puzzles and limited ammunition would send a chill down my spine) I am inflamed with desire to play RE:CV. I got addicted to survival horror and I tend to grow fond of any game of this genre no matter how badly it is rated.

It is a sin not to have played Resident Evil! :) You should immediately at least try all the parts of this game, Cid Highwind, but if you are not a passionate fan of survival horror, I would suggest you the GameCube versions. From a point of view of graphics you shouldn't be dissapointed, at least for the "remastered" RE1. And only if you like them, take the "RE: Survivor" that would definitely dissapoint you if you didn't like the previous parts.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Resident Evil 2 is the must play of the serious. It was truthfully the one that made the RE series what it is. RE 1 set the stage for surival horror, while Re2 took it and made it a nice shiny gold medal.It was a shame and a disgrace that capcom didn't do a remake for it, instead of just releasing another port of it.

RE:Gunsurvivors are pretty bad. The most recent one, "Dead Aim" had potentail, but fell short. I think the biggest mistake was the can only shoot when stopped problem. (controls as well)

Whatever you do, don't play the GBC game. Gaiden..It's been removed from the offical timeline and I'd like to see it stay that way. *shudders*

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Evaldas said:
The first RE was my very first PSX game. Before it I thought computer games were just a silly waste of time. Actually I never "went out" of RE since I am mostly interested in survival horror games and I can hardly stand other sorts. That is why after these long thrilling nights of playing Resident Evil 1 (when opening every door in the mansion seemed worth of bravery award as moaning zombies and dogs jumping out of sudden, unsolvable puzzles and limited ammunition would send a chill down my spine) I am inflamed with desire to play RE:CV. I got addicted to survival horror and I tend to grow fond of any game of this genre no matter how badly it is rated.

It is a sin not to have played Resident Evil! :) You should immediately at least try all the parts of this game, Cid Highwind, but if you are not a passionate fan of survival horror, I would suggest you the GameCube versions. From a point of view of graphics you shouldn't be dissapointed, at least for the "remastered" RE1. And only if you like them, take the "RE: Survivor" that would definitely dissapoint you if you didn't like the previous parts.
Well I'm not a gamecube owner, and I am not planning on buying one, perhaps I'll consider buying one when they are really cheap, just like DC games now are ;) But RE 2 and 3 have been ported to the DC so I'll try to get RE 2 first. Is 3 as good as well?

RE: CV introduced me to the horror survival genre.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
As far as I am concerned CV doesn't come even close to RE2 which is way older than CV...
I agree :thumb:

RE2 was realy 'special'

also I'd like to mention, that the full PS2 name of this game is: RE: CV X :) and AFAIK they released it to DC... so on DC you have RE:CV and RE:CV X...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts