1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
The game looks good and runs well.

All settings on High
Motion Blur: Off
Anti Aliasing: Off

First pic is from variable benchmark. Second pic is from fixed benchmark.

View attachment 205410

View attachment 205411

Obviously, these scores are coming from my laptop.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
All settings on high, motion blur on, no AA, 8xAF. Absolutely gorgeous, and runs like a dream; far better than the console versions, which seem to be capped at 30 FPS.

Disregard the CPU detection, my CPU's at 3GHz. Like SF4, it only reads the internal ID rather than doing a realtime frequency check.

·
Gyrobyte
112 Posts
It seems game have problems with AA. (3rd 10DX scene and whole DX9 bench...)

All settings set to high, 1st & 3rd sc - noAA, 2nd & 4th - 2xAA, 8xAF. PC: Q6600 @ 3.17Ghz, HD4770 @ 915/4800, 4GB ram.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if it uses deferred rendering.......

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Most likely, in any case AA doesn't make much difference for me IQ wise, and you know how anal I can get about jaggies. The tearing is much more bothering, so you'll want to have a 60FPS +. Thankfully my PC did quite well. My CPU is indeed clocked at 2.33GHz, didn't bother to set it back to 2.8 for now.

All settings max, blur on, 4xAA in the first, none in the second. No AF I think, I didn't force it in the drivers.

Seems to run well, looks like Left 4 Dead with zombies of which even their instinct has rotten away already. At least L4D can still give me a sense of "FUUUUUUUUCK" when a horde starts marching in while I hear some boss lurking around the corner. This game seems way too retardified for the console audience. I hope it has an "extreme" setting for PC gamers with keyboard/mouse that does not have to be unlocked.

http://forums.ngemu.com/attachments...5-pc-resident-evil-5-so-just-res-evil-5-1.jpg

http://forums.ngemu.com/attachments...5-pc-resident-evil-5-so-just-res-evil-5-2.jpg

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hehe, with an 4800 series card at such a resolution it'd better ;)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Nvidia hardware.

because SSAA works on everything ^_^

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
And how's the framerate when using that? Doesn't it effectively render in quadruple resolution and downscale it?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
WOW just went through the benchmark and it is smooth as butter! only had it on 4x AA and was getting 80fps average. Im veryyy impressed and look forward to playing through the game a 7th time :)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i doubt its win 7.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Did the benchmark yesterday and the game is very playable, but I doubt if I still want to go through it the 6th time :dead:

[All settings @highest /W no AA and 16X AF]

However, comparing this one with my X360 version on the same monitor (Sharp Aquos 42" @1360*768 for PC and 720P for 360 through HDMI), I found that heat wave is missing from PC code. You can see it in the first cutscene, but the effect is completely absent in gameplay session.

I also found that a shadow glitch on X360 version still persists.

Though it's not a major glitch and doesn't affect gameplay experience, they should at least get rid of it in retail version.

BTW, do you guys know that if you use multi-core processor, you can change JobThread in config.ini file to increase performance? In my case I changed the value from 1(default) to 2 (as I have a dual core processor) and gained ~10Fps and my grade moved up from B to A. You may wish to adjust the HDR setting from LOW(default) to HIGH to make the game look even better, with 10-15FPS penalty. :p I myself am fine with LOW HDR as I can hardly notice any real difference between the two.

·
Registered
377 Posts
BTW, do you guys know that if you use multi-core processor, you can change JobThread in config.ini file to increase performance? In my case I changed the value from 1(default) to 2 (as I have a dual core processor) and gained ~10Fps and my grade moved up from B to A. You may wish to adjust the HDR setting from LOW(default) to HIGH to make the game look even better, with 10-15FPS penalty. :p I myself am fine with LOW HDR as I can hardly notice any real difference between the two.
Where is the config.ini located? I wanted to play with that option but i can't find it in my PC (only the one from SFIV is there).

BTW, for users with 2600XT, Catalyst 9.6 gives weird bluish colors (9.7 corrects this, currently in beta)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Where is the config.ini located? I wanted to play with that option but i can't find it in my PC (only the one from SFIV is there).
\Users\%user_name%\Documents\CAPCOM\RESIDENT EVIL 5 Benchmark Version

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
WOW just went through the benchmark and it is smooth as butter! only had it on 4x AA and was getting 80fps average. Im veryyy impressed and look forward to playing through the game a 7th time :)
What resolution do you play at? Those are lovely results man.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
1920x1200

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later