Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I read it this morning on a Resident Evil site, I didn't look at the date otherwise I would've posted it :p

It's good news for the PS2 owners :)

Though I think the Cube version will be better in terms of graphics.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm currently playing Code Veronica on the DC but it keeps getting stuck after a door has been opened randomly. It seems it's not able to load the next scene instantly so the screen stays black... Very frustrating, cause the only cause might be a defect laser, though this is the only game it happens with. And the game is not scratched... :cry:

Anyway, playing CV makes me want to play the complete series, and RE4 looks really yummie :D

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Holy !"#$#! The only reason i would buy a GC was RE4. ^^ Guess i wont now! Awsome news. Thks Samor

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Uhm no. RE4 is a new game. RE Code veronica was ported to the PS2 long time ago ( not to mention that you can already play it on chankast :evil: )

Yours,
-Elly

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Guess he wanted to mean GC and mistyped it :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
No, what I meant was that now that I'm playind CV, I'd really like to give RE 4 a try when it will arrive ;)

edit: quite some misunderstandings here :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CV is on DC and PS2;
RE4 will be on GC and PS2.

This leaves us only 1 conclusion:

poor xbox :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Samor said:
CV is on DC and PS2;
RE4 will be on GC and PS2.

This leaves us only 1 conclusion:

poor xbox :(
It might be able to emulate the PSX version of RE1, 2 and 3 at crappy quality :evil: [/sarcasm]

I read an article on RE4 some years ago and back then it already blew me away! Seeing some reviews on tv of recent PS2 games makes me wonder how bad the PS2 version will look compared to the Gamecube version.

Can you guys tell how big the difference is between games developed for both Cube and PS2?
(i don't want to start a PS2 vs Cube thread but I'm curious about the facts when both are compared)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Sorry i did meant GC. All Cid Highwind talk about CV confused me ^^

Anyway im glad it isnt comming to the Xbox, they would probably do a "special edition" and ruin it all over. RE4 is a piece of art.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
It's good news for the PS2 owners :)
My thoughs exactly.

Metalmurphy said:
Holy !"#$#! The only reason i would buy a GC was RE4.
See quote reply number one.

:thumb:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
to hell with gfx, it doesn't have to be same quality as on GC, the important thing is that PS2 will have it :p (maybe the 'zero' episode in the future too who knows :evil:) ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I dunno, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but games ported to the PS2 and Gamecube usually look/play better on the Gamecube and game ported to all three usually look/play better on the XBOX...
I tried to get into the Resident Evil games but they never kept my interest...
I still have Resident Evil Code Veronica *Dreamcast* :D

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
F.u.c.k. What COULD have been the redeemer for the cube, now on PS2?

The GC NEVER gets an exclusive.. damn greedy companies. Capcom, you can offically suck my cock.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Metroid Prime 2 is way better than Resident Evil 4.
And it's an exclusive...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
My mistake, 3rd party exclusives*.

:angry:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts