Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Previous PC ports of RE = Suck.
But we will have to wait and see for this one, it is actually a very good news for those RE fans without a Gamecube, nor a PS2. :D

I wonder if it could have the same graphics as the GC version, if it does I would be really interested, finished the PS2 version once. :D

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
WoW...Cool hot news....!
Cant wait to play on my PC.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Rented and finished it on GC via Gamefly (finished it all, merc etc...), then bought it on PS2 finished it all...not doin it again. Good for anybody who didnt have a PS2 if they passed up the PS2 version but bought the GC version. Excellent for those who have neither.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
Well I finished it once, got every add, now I'm playing it second time (I'm about chapter 5-2 or sth)... I don't know if I will finish it again after second time on my PS2 :D but it would be awesome if capcom let PC gamers have it :)..

oh yeah... btw... same rumors were for Resident Evil: Code veronica, and... where's that pc conversion g'damnit? :D

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
no,
GC version's simply better....

Don't worry, even though it's a smudgy jagged little box, I quite like the ps2 ;)

it sports great titles, such as Shadow of the Colossal Jaggies, Need For Speed Online Wanted, Slowdown the Hedgehog and Resident Evil Texture 4

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Seeing Onimusha 3 was a pretty decent port for PC maybe this will turn out pretty good.

Also since Capcom Europe announced it don't think it still a rumor :p

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,340 Posts
If the rumour is true and it is ported, hopefully it won't be as bad a port as Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance was. *presses Escape one hundred times and still doesn't exit.*

And I agree with Player-X. Mouse control would be awesome.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Samor said:
no,

Don't worry, even though it's a smudgy jagged little box, I quite like the ps2 ;)

it sports great titles, such as Shadow of the Colossal Jaggies, Need For Speed Online Wanted, Slowdown the Hedgehog and Resident Evil Texture 4
I'd rather the PS2 version went to PC. They're the same game, except PS2 has more extras. How could you not want that? On the PC the resolution won't matter - no jaggies (not that the PS2 version has many jaggies).

I am really suprised with how well the PS2 version of the game turned out. I expected some ugliness, but from what I remember of the GC version (and as I said I finished all of its mini-games as well as the reg game and getting 1 mil to buy the inf rocket launcher -- so I played it quite a bit) this version looks just as good.

And in fact, the lighting is slightly better on Leon, probably thanks to the 32bit color on the PS2 vs the 24bit color the GC supports. It's like the dithering doesn't make it two-tone as it was on the Cube (something that annoyed me a bit).

Either way, of course they'd take the version with the most extras - and then take the textures from the GC (though as I said, honesltly its quite hard to tell the difference between the games). Of course, there was 10 months between me finishing up with the GC version and buying the PS2 version. So its not as if it were fresh in my mind, but it looks just as I remembered with very slightly blurred (very slightly) enemies in the distance.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
KanedA said:
Well I finished it once, got every add, now I'm playing it second time (I'm about chapter 5-2 or sth)... I don't know if I will finish it again after second time on my PS2 :D but it would be awesome if capcom let PC gamers have it :)..

oh yeah... btw... same rumors were for Resident Evil: Code veronica, and... where's that pc conversion g'damnit? :D
Instead some ppl gave you Chankast ^^

Samor said:
no,

Don't worry, even though it's a smudgy jagged little box, I quite like the ps2;)

:spit:

Personally I'd like to see the Cube version, at least in terms of graphics. I've seen quite a few pictures of exactly the same scene and the Cube just made it look better than the PS2.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
I had babies in my pants.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Lobo said:
I'd rather the PS2 version went to PC. They're the same game, except PS2 has more extras. How could you not want that? On the PC the resolution won't matter - no jaggies (not that the PS2 version has many jaggies).

I am really suprised with how well the PS2 version of the game turned out. I expected some ugliness, but from what I remember of the GC version (and as I said I finished all of its mini-games as well as the reg game and getting 1 mil to buy the inf rocket launcher -- so I played it quite a bit) this version looks just as good.

And in fact, the lighting is slightly better on Leon, probably thanks to the 32bit color on the PS2 vs the 24bit color the GC supports. It's like the dithering doesn't make it two-tone as it was on the Cube (something that annoyed me a bit).

Either way, of course they'd take the version with the most extras - and then take the textures from the GC (though as I said, honesltly its quite hard to tell the difference between the games). Of course, there was 10 months between me finishing up with the GC version and buying the PS2 version. So its not as if it were fresh in my mind, but it looks just as I remembered with very slightly blurred (very slightly) enemies in the distance.
That so? :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.