Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am maby going to buy the resident evil 4:) but i am not sure if i can play it on vista does any one know this?:(

·
Banned
200 Posts
It should work fine , if it doesn't load you can run the game in Windows XP Compatability mode , but I can tell you for a fact I ran it on Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 x86 flawlessly :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx know i can buy this game ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now i know that i can buy it on pc and play it ;)

·
PC game modder
6,947 Posts
Get the mods though cause the game is really ugly without them!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when i install the mod is the game more scary and hard?

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
The game plays fine on Vista and XP x64 as well. :)

I've found maybe one or two games that I've experienced issues with, Silent Hill 3 on Vista suffers from unexplained menu/inventory framerate drops, and also suffers from slowdowns when the texture resolution is at 4096x4096 on even on decent graphics cards such as my Geforce 9800 GT.. :(

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
those silent hill 3 are present in winxp, moreso on vista since its running on different graphic drivers, the slowdown on menus is because its resizing 2d images to fit your screen using some crazy filter and thats not texture resolution, its rendering resolution, its like antialiasing, thats why normal antialiasing doesnt work so well for the game

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This does all depend on whether or not the mod makes the game scary or hard.

Some mods give you better textures.
Some mods give you new weapons.
Some mods give you a funny hat.

It all depends on what kind of mod it is.
is there a mod that can make the game more scary. becase when i did play it on Ps2 its was only a bit scary when you come to a place that you need to go into a bot and you get attackt by somthing in the water
thats was only there sacry part for me the rest was not so scary.When i did come to a place there you shoot them in the head and the head expload and they dont die that was not so scary

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
is there a mod that can make the game more scary. becase when i did play it on Ps2 its was only a bit scary when you come to a place that you need to go into a bot and you get attackt by somthing in the water
thats was only there sacry part for me the rest was not so scary.When i did come to a place there you shoot them in the head and the head expload and they dont die that was not so scary
I'm not sure there are any mods right now, kmja. The game hasn't released yet so people can't code mods for it right now. I'm sure when there are mods for it; there might as well be mods to make it a bit more frightening for you.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I'm not sure there are any mods right now, kmja. The game hasn't released yet so people can't code mods for it right now. I'm sure when there are mods for it; there might as well be mods to make it a bit more frightening for you.
:lol:

If you want something scarier then play another horror game Doom 3 for example or any RE before Re 4

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have doom 3 and the re 1,2 and 3 is scary but doom 3 is not scary any more i even have the expansion pack

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
[GT]14536.html[/GT]
If this isnt enough then just search on google horror games you will find something eventually

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have some of them game and the half life did scare me so i am too scard too play it agian i did sell it. I have some that is scary like obscure, fear and Penumbra.
and i have silent hill 2,3,4 but i am not sure if they work in vista

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
i have some of them game and the half life did scare me so i am too scard too play it agian i did sell it. I have some that is scary like obscure, fear and Penumbra.
and i have silent hill 2,3,4 but i am not sure if they work in vista
Well did it might occur to you to try installing them and see if they work..i dont think its that hard.. or at least if you dont want to install them searching google ...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts