Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: Resident Evil 4 gameplay videos, 2004 Tokio game show trailer

Well a couple of gameplay videos played by Mikami himself for your joy pleasure...

Gameplay video 1

Gameplay video 2

beware each one is 60MB.

funny the guy speaks spanish :) - ¡¿Qué carajos estás haciendo aqui?! -

- Sorry, this gameplay videos were available to download till 4th November -

UPDATE: watch the newest trailer shown in the 2004 Tokio Game Show. It's 15MB.

This game is making me wait for it eagerly even more.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Just watched the first one! What a crappy game, he got mowed by a scythe and not even a scratch on his head :p

Just kiddin', this is the best looking game I've seen so far :drool: This would be the game I'd buy a Gamecube for!

Alrighty, I've seen the second one as well and I must say that it was even better ;)

Though I've got a few things to say about it:

1. A man with chainsaw is at the other side of an iron door, but you could already see the chainsaw coming through the door, which is a glitch.

2. He wasn't able to blow a head off a zombie's head with a shotgun, but he did succeed with a normal pistol oO

I must say that these zombies are different from what I'm used to see in games and movies. They seem to have a certain intelligence and seem more like half-zombie half-human. They seem more like brainwashed humans with a vampiric taste for human blood.

I love the game already :evil:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh, apparently the villagers aren't zombies, I felt kind of weak the gameplay some new stuff has been added though like the kicks looks awesome, maybe you can perform a combo like blowing a head and kick the rest out of there ;).

About the glitch, yeah but still the game's in development and the sound effects are impressive as well.

Judging for the voices the village might be in Spain, a 100% catholic village in which when the bell rings I asume this guy "Sandler" is behind all this creepish-town.

So far looks promising, let's see about the plot how develops as I consider it the most important element of any survival horror game such like RE.

Anyways, we'll have to wait till next January for the game to be released :(

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
that glitch witch chainsaw... such things happen often in game, even in 100% finished ones, as for the movies, awesome, totaly new climat for series i just can't wait :D

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
フェニックス said:
Judging for the voices the village might be in Spain, a 100% catholic village in which when the bell rings I asume this guy "Sandler" is behind all this creepish-town.(
yes, they are from spain.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
フェニックス said:
heh, apparently the villagers aren't zombies, I felt kind of weak the gameplay some new stuff has been added though like the kicks looks awesome, maybe you can perform a combo like blowing a head and kick the rest out of there ;).

About the glitch, yeah but still the game's in development and the sound effects are impressive as well.

Judging for the voices the village might be in Spain, a 100% catholic village in which when the bell rings I asume this guy "Sandler" is behind all this creepish-town.

So far looks promising, let's see about the plot how develops as I consider it the most important element of any survival horror game such like RE.

Anyways, we'll have to wait till next January for the game to be released :(
If they aren't zombies, then what are they? I'd say they are some kind of zombies which are under control or something.

Humans don't bite your neck, do they? :p

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
They're not zombies, in the RE4 story, Umbrella is finished, but the villagers are affected by something strange.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Alright :)

Knowing this makes me even more curious :p

I never read a thing about the story, I've only read some articles a few years ago and now I saw these videos.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raziel said:
They're not zombies, in the RE4 story, Umbrella is finished, but the villagers are affected by something strange.
Umbrella finished Raziel?, how come that? Supposedly the goverment got rid of it but I don't think Umbrella is gone for good. Still somehow is Wesker out there.

The original environments and story that we all saw in the first videos shown at the E3 and the demo seem to be changed dramatically.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Remember, Wesker doesn't work for Umbrella anymore.

As for RE4, it kinda went the same way as RE2, a first version of the game was almost finished one year ago, but Mikami didn't like it, so they redid most of the game.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah that's exactly why I pointed out Wesker, as he's always been on his own. Who knows, RE games typicaly leaves a lot of plot holes.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
What? realy? same 'story' as with?RE2 oO do you guys know anything more about it? shots, movies, story plot changes, etc ? or was it that video where leon was searching some kind of mansion/castle and that black ghost thing?

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
KanedA said:
What? realy? same 'story' as with?RE2 oO do you guys know anything more about it? shots, movies, story plot changes, etc ? or was it that video where leon was searching some kind of mansion/castle and that black ghost thing?
You didn't understand what I said, during its development, RE2 started as a completly different game from the one we know, the characters originaly were Leon and a girl named Isabel, but after a while Shinki Mikami said he didn't liike it so they scrapped lots of data to remake a whole "new" RE2, and RE4 underwent the same process.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
The RE4 you see now is actually the third iteration of it. There was another that wasn't even released to the public.

The first one has no details, other than it was a straightforward zombie style game, then they decided to try something new.

The 2nd version had Leon head to a Umbrella mansion and get infected by a parasitic ghost. This parasite would slowly feed on him throughout the game. This one was probably more closly tied to how the series was.

After the release of SH3 and the production of SH4. They decided it was time for a change. The SH series has gained momentum as the better surivival horror series. They dropped zombies all together and set the story after the destruction of Umbrella. They also have stated that the game will fill in the gap, but will not be about umbrella, nor will it really have any other ties to the series. They want to take the RE series and make it new again.

All this information was taken from the Gamespy interview.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KanedA some info about RE 1.5 or the erly development of the RE2 as Raziel states, is available at some RE sites.

K-a-r-u-p-t, I forgot to warn you guys that those videos were going to be downloadable till 4th Novemeber, sorry my bad :D

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah I know about RE 1.5 there are even some trailers on net but I was askinga bout that hmmm...RE 3.5 or sth like that ;) the unfinished project that they have dumped ;)

anyway new thought came to my head: did anyone read the 'Clone Saga' in Spider Man comics? why that you ask... well because in Spidey comics clones that were killed were melting and such thing as in RE 4 dead opponents so maybe they are some thing like clones or ... I don't know what, you know if Spencers were freaks that lord Satler could be also a weardoo (or even he has some relations with Spencers ;) ah also, could someone translate what those village people say when the bell is ringing? :)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Watch the newest trailer, I've added the link in my first post in this thread!!

What are the guys saying?

(ah la campana)- Oh, the bell -
(es hora de rezar)- It's time to pray -
(tenemos que irnos)- We've got to leave -
- Lord Sadler -

About your theory, maybe, we'll have to wait.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
フェニックス said:
Watch the newest trailer, I've added the link in my first post in this thread!!

What are the guys saying?

(ah la campana)- Oh, the bell -
(es hora de rezar)- It's time to pray -
(tenemos que irnos)- We've got to leave -
- Lord Sadler -

About your theory, maybe, we'll have to wait.
thx v. much ;) now I'm dlownloading that newest trailer :D

EDIT: just downloaded it, /me turning of the light, pumping volume up to the max ... be right back ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts