Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a powerful computer, and I was wondering if anyone else gets FPS lag from time to time? On the first part of the game when I'm looking at the waterfall my FPS is dropped from 60 (FPS Limit is set to 60) down to 45 and lower. Did you also get slowdowns when you played it or is it me?

· Registered
179 Posts
Define powerful.

· Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
emulating certain effects and certain ps2 graphics techniques seem to really slow down some games.

For example emulating the ingame scripted sequence of the nuclear explosion in mgs3 drags my fps from the usual 40-65 down to ~20.

Its probably either a bug or inefficiency in the current code of the current build or the fact that ps2 risc processor & Graphics synthesizer can do certain effects and graphics techniques easily and quickly whereas the x86 pc cpu does them rather obtusely and not nearly as efficiently.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm really just asking anyone who has played/is playing Resident Evil 4 if they also experience slow downs, or if it's just me. If someone stays at 60FPS through-out the whole game, please let me know then I know it's something to do with me and not the emulator/game, then I can start working on ways to get a constant 60FPS.

· Emulated user
52 Posts
Try using GSDX in DirectX10 render mode, and dont use X2 and X3 sync speed hacks. I don't have any slowdowns in waterfall area, but have some slowdown in village ;p

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try using GSDX in DirectX10 render mode, and dont use X2 and X3 sync speed hacks. I don't have any slowdowns in waterfall area, but have some slowdown in village ;p
Yeah actually I went through the waterfall area again and I didn't have any slowdowns, I think it might of been when I looked back on the waterfall I got them. I also get slowdowns in the village. It's most likely just the emulator if you also get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.