Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im impressed i must say. It doesnt look that bad. Infact it looks good. Not as good as the GC obviously but i will be definatly be buying it instead of buying a GC as i had planned first.

You can see the E3 trailler for the PS2 here

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1757

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Whoa. I thought it was for Nintendo Game Cube only when Capcom revealed that (How dare you lying to us, Capcom) and now it is starting to goes to PS2 too ? I dont think it is unfair and they are going to want our money spend to them again. No thanks, Capcom! Nintendo Game Cube is a good enough for it. Stupidity! oO :cuss2: :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yes but most people don't have a GameCube. They bought the PS2 and/or the XBox

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Better than I expected indeed, Capcom seems to be a notch above the competition in porting games to PS2.

[]s Badaro

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
it looks good. i can still tell the loss in texture quality though. I already got the gamecube version but this will be good if the managed to get the controls working good too.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Looks hella good to me. Totally going to make room for it in my collection :)

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
YEH!! I will definitely be picking this one up. Actually i was more worried if the gameplay would stay intact, and looks it is.

·
band
4,912 Posts
funny, i was sure someone said they were having lots of problems getting the gfx to port over, with things like gfx quality and framerate being majorly bad...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can actually tell the frame rate is a bit bad in that trailler but only in some parts. And you almost dont notice it anyway.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Nah, I am sticking with game cube. Sorry, Capcom. ;)

Game Cube has a better quality for it and ps2 version have a little bit lose quality but nice try, Capcom. NO THANKS! >:D

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Do you actualy have a braincell in that head of yours? Posting your opinion almost exactly the same way doesn't make it more important. In fact if anything it makes people lend less credence to your opinions (not that I figure they lend much at the moment given your current posting habits).
How old are you anyway?

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I just watched the video, and have to say that it's very good looking. Too bad I haven't really been interested in RE games since RE2 :D

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Just watched it and with how many problems they said they were having I must hand it to them, it look rather close to the GC version. You can tell it's not as good looking and I did notice the frame rate, but it was so little I don't think it would really damper gameplay. That and it wasn't during gameplay anyhow.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
well. the part that is difficult to transfer over were the textures. PS2 can push polygons like nobodies buisness but when it comes to textures... gamecube has them owned.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Katsuya said:
It’s going to have new scenes and costumes...
That right there = me buying this version.

I rented the cube version because I didn't want to wait to play it. And I told my self, "self, this game is bad ass, I'm definitley going to buy it; but I am going to wait and see what Capcom can do wit hthe extra space provided on DVD-Rom - if there's more extras in the PS2 version I'm buying that one so long as the game plays the same."

Don't give a rats ass about the graphics, but I am glad they turned out good. As far as the frame-rates concerend, they will probably be working on that still. It comes out in the fall right? Still got quite a few months to crunch those numbers. But it IS a port after all. Port's usually have a little problem running on hardware it wasn't originally intended for (see Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance on the xbox with it's minor slowdown when transparencies are on screen en masse - rain, multiple steam pipes blown etc...).

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
probably they will release it for GC with all that additional stuff ;)

/me downloading trailer, can't wait :drool: :lol:

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Woah, I am more interested in the story. I saw some fx missing too (when fell on the floor, the little pieces of rocks didn slide) and of course the environment had blurred textures as compared to the GC version....but considering the PS2...it looks damn fine. Then again, the story...the gameplay are the real deal. And I think the models in RE4 are just as good as those in SH3. So its good the way it is coming.

Say....do we have dynamic lightning here? Like we had in SH3?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts