Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing RE3 using epsxe 1.4 for some time now and I noticed that at a certain place, the game is a bit jumpy and how do I fix this problem? I'm using a voodoo 2 8 MB,Pentium Celeron 300Mhz. Using lewpy "da man" 's glide plugin. How do I fix this? I'm in process of fighting a big mutated worm and that time, the game is laggy. Please help me!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nothing personal, but perhaps it's the result of your system specs? If anything perhaps you could try disabling any sort of special effects in Lewpy's, using the null sound plugin, and/or overclocking your video card somewhat? Just recently I tried running ePSXe with an 8MB card of mine and it wasn't a very...pleasant experience. At the very least you could try using the above for just the section of the game you're at then, once you're past said point, you could re-enable the options you once had?

Should you have the space, you might also want to try dumping the game to an ISO on your harddrive, as it may correct some of the skipping errors you encounter. Otherwise you'd do well to try using Pete's CD-Rom plugin and its corresponding speed throttle.

You might also want to give VGS a try, as it tends to run slightly better than ePSXe on older systems. Of course you'll lose graphic quality and the like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cluthu, I've Been Playing Gran Turismo 2 in a poor Riva 128 PCI with 4MB VRAM and I got full framerate after a few tweaks. But maybe, my processor could help a bit: PIII-600 with 64Mb Ram. I got full 60fps with almost every game, after I have been disabled the AGP support.

·
Registered
19 Posts
with a few tweaks? lol what exactly are you turning off? everything? ;p sure anyone can get full 60 fps if they understand their hardware and know its limits. I have everything set to the max and the framerate DOES drop in certain parts. I think that's mainly due to glitches however. I've noticed it in almost every game where it gets to a certain part and the frame rate halfs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kazuya: Yeah, that may be laughable, but it's true. Got full frame-rates everytime with GT2 and other games.

Here my specs:

PIII-600, 64Mb RAm, Riva 128 ZX 4mb Vram, Bios 1.82B and 3.37 NVidia drivers (very old) and a sound with Aureal A3D technology.
Epsxe 1.4.0, Pete's Directx 6 plugin (Enhanced Filtering, Cache 1-Heavy, no OD, black framebuffer, 640x480 and FrameSkip activated), Nulls2 Audio (30, 2, 22050 16-bit and CDDA sound enabled) and Pete's CDR. Also, I have disabled the advanced AGP support by registry tweaks. There's a soft that does that, I'm sure you know. Got full frame with NO DROPS. Unbelievable, but it's true. The visual is pretty good in this config. A (very) few gfx glitches, of course, but that's to be expected since I want a fast emulation. Sometimes, like in the Test Course, I got full framerates with all six cars in a race without frame skip. World's Scariest Police Chases and Resident Evil 3 runs without frame skip, at full frame rate at almost all the time. The only exceptions, are the FMV. They don't run in hardware, need software to run (very fast).

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Pestilence3
I've been playing RE3 using epsxe 1.4 for some time now and I noticed that at a certain place, the game is a bit jumpy and how do I fix this problem? I'm using a voodoo 2 8 MB,Pentium Celeron 300Mhz. Using lewpy "da man" 's glide plugin. How do I fix this? I'm in process of fighting a big mutated worm and that time, the game is laggy. Please help me!
That's probably because of your system, a Celeron 300 is kinda weak for ePSXe. I used to have one, and althougth most games han decently, they had a tendency to get slow whenever there were more complex graphics on screen.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
7 Posts
:emb: He,he... that's right Kazuya. After all, the game runs pretty fine. Don't skip a lot like the CVGS, but isn't all so smooth. Anyway, the improved graphics worth the little sacrifice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts