Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Resident Evil 2 freezes whenever Leon gets onto this elevator thing and there's a zombie on top. One of the zombie's head shrinks, another pops out of his shoulder, and his hand turns into some giant claw. It's at that point that the game freezes. If anyone wants, I can email the save states so this part can be tested on another machine. I would like for this to be fixed so I can finish the game.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
are you playing off CD or ISO? what are your computer's specs? what plugins are you using?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hushypushy said:
are you playing off CD or ISO? what are your computer's specs? what plugins are you using?
I'm playing off of an image I burned to my hard drive. I have a 2.40 gigahertz P4 processor, 512 megs of ram with 64 megs shared for video (SiS display adapter). The video plugin I'm using is the "Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.36", and my sound plugin is "ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2."

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
try using Eternal for sound, it sounds a lot better (less tinny, etc.)

anywho, your video plugin is horribly, horribly outdated. go to www.ngemu.com/psx , we are already up to 1.75. give that a shot. also---try loading from a memory card save. that might be a ***** due to the way RE has its save games (which is why you're probably using save states) but....if the plugin upgrade doesnt work, give that a shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hushypushy said:
try using Eternal for sound, it sounds a lot better (less tinny, etc.)

anywho, your video plugin is horribly, horribly outdated. go to www.ngemu.com/psx , we are already up to 1.75. give that a shot. also---try loading from a memory card save. that might be a ***** due to the way RE has its save games (which is why you're probably using save states) but....if the plugin upgrade doesnt work, give that a shot.
I tried the video plugin you suggested, same thing. When I switched to the Eternal sound plugin (both the regular and "Lite"), the game would stutter so much that it was unplayable. If I have to use a memory card save, then that basically means I'll have to start almost from the beginning (although I suspect that it is a problem with the emulation). If I have to do that, I might as well just go to Gamestop and buy the game and play it on my PS2 (I burned my neighbor's copy of RE2 to my hard drive).

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well, you do have a pretty crappy videocard, so your game performance is gonna be not-so-good...try the 'fast" preset in the gfx plugin and turn on frame limiting and see if it passes that part.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i dont think this helps, but my re2 both character cd's, crashes when ever i enter the freeze room in the lab area near the end, i have to go past that area using vgs. But its not like a normal crash, when i enter the particular door, epsxe closes down and im taken back to my desktop.
weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I enabled the logging window under the "Run" tab, but it didn't provide any error messages when the game crashed. Also, the video freezes and the (CD?) music keeps playing. I've tried messing with all the options in the video plugin but still no change. If anyone who has RE2 and wants to experiment with my save state, or send me a save state that gets past that area, feel free to email me about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts