Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played through Resident Evil for 6 hours and completed it and it played flawlessly, unfortunatly Resident Evil 2 doesn't like me and it will just stop at random times, near the start when the zombies break in through the window and eat the guy with the shotgun, and a couple of times when you go through the barred door at the basketball court. I tried putting thr settings to both nice and fast and it does the same thing. All it does is the video will freeze but the sound will keep playing as usual. Any ideas?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you playing from the disc or from an image? and just to have on hand in case they are needed later on, can you post your system specs, the plugins you are using, and screenshots of how you have them configured?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Playing from an image.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX260
3.00GB of RAM
Windows Vista 32bit SP1
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (Vista)
Not sure what motherboard I have, but I'm fairly sure it's a good one.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2
OGL version: 3.0.0

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- 15 bit FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]
Plugins:

Video = Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
Sound = ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0.
Cdrom = ePSXe CDR WNT /W2K core 1.7.0.

Is that it? Do say if I've missed something.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
remake the image in CCD/MDF/NRG formats, some games are very picky about the image they are run from.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the game has 4 files, one is a .CCD, one is a .CUE, one is a .IMG, and the last one is a .SUB. Which one do I run? As that could be why it's crashing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out that ePSXe doesn't properly support RE2, everyone says it crashes on them. So if it's doing it for you just change to pSX, much better, never crashes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
d3d, you're correct to assume that epsxe has some problems with RE2. It tends to freeze a lot, no matter what plugins you use.

I now have it running flawlessly with PSXeven 0.19 !
PGU= Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
SPU= Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15 (newer version would have problems with load state)
CDR= P.E.Op.S CDR Driver 1.4

I play this from the ISO

No more freezes or dialogue being cut off :thumb:

My specs:
Core 2 Duo E6750
nvidia geforce 8800 GTS
2048 DDR2
Win XP SP2

Maybe this can help someone!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
d3d, we don't help people who download their games from the internet, sorry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dude I've said this a bunch of times. Other people are asking what settings to run. So what he downloaded it ?? He could have it and after forever it's scratched, damaged, lost, damaged. My Resident Evil 3 has been running extremely slow, I forgot the program to make an image and play it on ePSXe if possible.

Really good idea of changing the image..I'm sure it's not CDBurnerXP..think it's with a D..but I keep thinking of Daemon !! Tomb Raider doesn't wanna run either I've had it forever I just wanna beat that crap XD

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Tough cookies. rules are rules. You don't like them, then the door is never far away.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
Dude I've said this a bunch of times. Other people are asking what settings to run. So what he downloaded it ?? He could have it and after forever it's scratched, damaged, lost, damaged. My Resident Evil 3 has been running extremely slow, I forgot the program to make an image and play it on ePSXe if possible.

Really good idea of changing the image..I'm sure it's not CDBurnerXP..think it's with a D..but I keep thinking of Daemon !! Tomb Raider doesn't wanna run either I've had it forever I just wanna beat that crap XD
Warez Policy

NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.

we cannot assist users who downloading copyrighted software, previous ownership is irrelevant. if the disc was damage beyond repair they can usually contact sony for a replacement copy at a reduced cost.

closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.