Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone downloaded this game or played this game on the N64 and what is it like .....is it as good as the playstation version.. N64 just realeased this out not so long ago.. tell me what u think of this game and what is it like on the Project 64 emulator!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah man i downloaded the game from this site and when it finished the friggin game didnt even work.. winzip file was broken.. and the game was at least 80mb's... what a waste of time and money downloading sux ass games like that.. Resident Evil games are wicked , there my type of games.. What other games are kinda like Resident Evil.. really gore & Zombie etc.. any comments! :dead:

·
Registered
251 Posts
zer0hal0 : re2's rom is 64mb...i got the right one but yeah...no emu's currently able to emulate it right now

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah man i downloaded the rom that u r talking about it was 64mb i wasnt quiet sure but it didnt work.. i think the sever went down when i was downloading it.. i only have a 56k modem and downloading big games are really hard and long process.. i wish i could have the game like on a cd or somethink and a emulator that can run it in the near future.. but i quess it will never happen ever.... it sucks when u see a wicked game that u love and u cant even play it only if u go an rent it from the video shop but when u go to play it u get half way though it and u find that it cant go any further becuse of some idiot who scratch the cd... and buying the games for N64 or Playstaion are very expensive where i am Australia Rips everyone off... and buying them from the USA well its hard when u dont have a credit card.. so it looks like this Resident Evil fan will never see this game to the very end..

If anyone can help me out here i would be very greatfull and would try to help them out!

merry christmas and happy new years!

"CHEERS"

S

·
0 Posts
well, there is a pc version from that game....maybe you can get that cheaper somehow..?:confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
i own it for the n64, the game looks nice with high rez chars(with the expansion pack). The fmv's look grainy but its amazing they got them all in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the links sk8bloke22 ....
I tried the PC version of this Game and the Graphics are horrible, the 3d accelration seems to be suported only for a couple of dust-covered cards by now, i mean with my Geforce3Ti it didnt enabled hardware acceleration, i visited the developer website and not a single patch. If somebody know how to get it, please let me know.

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
Here is my personal compatibility list for PJ64, based on games I have tested myself. I don't feel like downloading every game, so the list is not complete, but I do have most of the more popular games.:)

Playable--Games that are totally playable with few or no issues. These games may or may not be playable to completion

1080 Snowboarding (JU) [!]
Banjo-Kazooie (U) [!]
BattleTanx (U) [!]
BattleTanx - Global Assault (U) [!]
BattleTanx - Global Assault (E) [!]
Beetle Adventure Racing! (U) [!]
Blast Corps (U) (1.0) [!]
Bomberman Hero (U) [!]
Buck Bumble (U) [!]
Castlevania (U) (V1.0) [!]
Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness (U) [!]
Conkers Bad Fur Day (U) [!]
Cruis'n World (U) [!]
Diddy Kong Racing (U) (V1.1) [!]
Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!]
Doom 64 (U) [!]
Duke Nukem - ZERO HOUR (E) [!]
Earthworm Jim 3D (U) [!]
Excitebike 64 (U) [!]
Extreme-G (U) [!]
Fighting Force 64 (U) [!]
Forsaken 64 (U) [!]
F-Zero X (U) [!]
Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko (U) [!]
Goemom's Great Adventure (U) [!]
GoldenEye 007 (u) [!]
Jet Force Gemini - Kiosk (U) [!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]
Legend of Zelda 2, The - Majora's Mask (U) [!]
Mace - The Dark Age (U) [!]
Mario Golf (U) [!]
Mario Kart 64 (U) [!]
Mario Tennis (U) [!]
Mischief Makers (U) [!]
Mortal Kombat 4 (U) [!]
Mystical Ninja 2 - Starring Goemon (E) [!]
NFL Blitz 2000 (u) [!]
Nuclear Strike 64 (U) [!]
Paper Mario (U) [!]
Perfect Dark (V1.0) (U) [!]
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (U) [!]
Road Rash 64 (U) [!]
Rocket - Robot on Wheels (U) [!]
RR64 - Ridge Racer 64 (U) [!]
Rush 2 - Extreme Racing USA (U) [!]
Shadow Man (U) [!]
Sin and Punishment - Tsumi To Batsu (J) [!]
Spacestation Silicon Valley (E) [!]
Spider-Man (U) [!]
Star Fox 64 (U) [!]
Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (U) (V1.2) [!]
Super Mario 64 (U) [!]
Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] -- use 1.3 video
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (U) [!]
Top Gear Rally 2 (U) [!]
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (U) (1.0) [!]
Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil (U) [!]
Turok 3 - Shadows of Oblivion (U) [!]
Turok 3 - Shadows of Oblivion (E) [!]
Wave Race 64 (U) (1.0) [!]

Playable, with errors--Games that are playable with heavy or otherwise distracting errors

Killer Instinct Gold (U) (1.2) [!]--graphics slow
Mystical Ninja - Starring Goemon (U) [!]--graphics slow
Pilotwings 64 (U) [!]--graphics slow, shadow
Quake 64 (U) [!]--flicker
Quake II (U) [!]--flicker, graphics slow
San Francisco Rush 2049 (U) [!]--sound
Winback - Covert Operations (U) [!]--Floating grey square? "force normal blending"
minimizes effect

World is Not Enough, The (U or E) [!]--sound

Video Plugin Issues--Games will run but with missing graphics in one or more areas

Extreme-G XG2 (U or E) [!]--Menus ok, depth problem in-game
Glover (U or E) [!]--access violation at end of 1st level
Hot Wheels Turbo Racing (U) [!]--Menus missing, in-game ok
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards (U) [!]
Wipeout 64 (U) [!]--Menus missing, in-game ok
Yoshi's Story (U) [!]

Not Supported--Games that either will not run, or will run with severe problems

Banjo-Tooie (U) [!]
Body Harvest (U or E) [!]--Use PJ64 v1.3
City Tour GP-All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship (J) [!]
Cruis'n USA (U) (V1.0) [!]--Use PJ64 v1.3?
Cruis'n USA (E) [!]--Use PJ64 v1.3?
Dark Rift (U or E) [!]
Disney's Tarzan (U) [!]
Duke Nukem - ZERO HOUR (U) [!]--Use PAL
Gauntlet Legends (U) [!]
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (U) [!]
Jet Force Gemini (U) [!]--Control issues, use Kiosk
Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside (U) [!]
Mia Hamm Soccer 64 (U) [!]
NightMare Creatures (U) [!]--Use PJ64 v1.3?
Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber (U) [!]
Resident Evil 2 (U) [!]
Spacestation Silicon Valley (U) [!]--Use PAL
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (U) [!]
Stunt Racer 64 (U) [!]
World Driver Championship (U) [!]

·
Old Gaming Guy
93 Posts
Things to note with that compatibility list:

* Donkey Kong 64 has some nasty timing issues that cause jumping problems and crashing. Just see the long thread on EmuTalk's PJ64 forum to see what I'm talking about.

* Glover should work with Jabo's v1.3 video plugin.

* Goldeneye has nasty graphical glitches on later levels with Jabo's v1.4, and is very slow on the PJ64 core anyway. 1964 is a bit faster in my experience, but on my Ath1.4GHz with a GeForce2 I find UltraHLE with the eVoodoo XP wrapper as the best way to play it. (Stuck at 640x480 vs. my normal 1280x960 resolution for PJ/1964 though)

* Jet Force Gemini's control issues are due to copy protection, you need to get the [f1] ROM or patch the [!] ROM to make it work normally in PJ/1964. The Kiosk is just a demo.

* Paper Mario has some flickering issues, 1964 supposedly does a better job at avoiding the flickering because it's a core issue. It's still pretty playable though. If some levels are dark you need to enable a certain framebuffer option in Jabo's (copy buffers maybe?) to see the level, then disable them again for speed reasons. (The background will stay.)

* Perfect Dark has some graphical issues which require a new video plugin for it to be fully playable, at the moment it's only completable in a non-standard way.

As for the original post, Resident Evil 2's problems are both with the weird ROM storage used on the large 64MB cart and with the lack of a video plugin. The same is true of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. I believe Azimer (coder of Apollo, slower but about the same compatibility as PJ/1964) dealed with at least Indy's memory issues, but without a capable video plugin they still will not be playable.

For games not listed/mentioned, PJ64's own RDB file gives the compatibility notes. Just open it in a text editor and search through it for the game you're interested in for details.

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
Originally posted by EddyB43
Glover should work with Jabo's v1.3 video plugin.
Nah, the game has issues with all of Jabo's video plugins. There will always be an access violation at the end of the first level. Right now, Nemu is the only one that emulates it properly, though with a few graphic glitches. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts