Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! New ePSXe user on 1.4.0, enjoying Gran Turismo 2 immensely, especially with not having to fire up bleem! on Dreamcast with the boot disc and swap with the game disc. Plus I can use cheat codes... :D

Anybody know some general rules of operation when trying to configure for Resident Evil 2 (Dual Shock) and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis? I have glitches in both games, in similar sections where the characters (non-FMV) are talking and/or conversing with others. :( The speech audio is either completely absent or appears in small specks; I can't tell whether the game is frozen or not. I'd sure like to get this working if at all possible...

Sorry if this is a FAQ; if so, please point me to an appropriate place where I can do some research. Thanks in advance! :)

I'm sure this is just a matter of toggling one setting or another...

·
Trans-Am Mode
998 Posts
i dunno if i can help you but, prafull, a fellow messageboard user might help you with your prob.

as for my advice, all the RE-series i've played on epsxe have voice glitches (you name it) but the graphics are awesome.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Ultragunner
all the RE-series i've played on epsxe have voice glitches (you name it) but the graphics are awesome.:)
Thanks for your reply. So you DO encounter the glitches... What do you do? Just sit and wait out the dialogue in silence? If you find the game actually does work, then maybe it's worthwhile to just continue playing like that... (though it does take away from the story IMHO :( )

·
Banned
7,778 Posts
I finished RE3 on ePSXe with no problems.

RIVA TNT with Pete's OpenGL v1.52
SB Live! with Iori's DSound
ISO

It worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Ninja
I finished RE3 on ePSXe with no problems.

RIVA TNT with Pete's OpenGL v1.52
SB Live! with Iori's DSound
ISO

It worked flawlessly.
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Flawlessly??? Really? :)emb: --- drool --- :rolleyes: ) Can you please post your individual settings per plug-in? (Video, Sound, CD-ROM)

I realize that this amounts to quite a number of details, so maybe a screenshot or something? :) :) Pretty please?

TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhh - in passing!

To FiveFeet8:

1) Do you mind terribly sharing your video, sound and CD settings? :p I would so much like to get by these glitches completely...

2) This sounds like a dumb question, but how do you grab those screens? I have HyperSnap that I could use, but if you have a different way I'd like to hear about it... :)

Thanks for your answers, folks - please keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Ultragunner
i dunno if i can help you but, prafull, a fellow messageboard user might help you with your prob.

as for my advice, all the RE-series i've played on epsxe have voice glitches (you name it) but the graphics are awesome.:)
Hey Hey! I didnt knew I am getting famous on the site :) .

RE-2 and RE-3 speech problems ?some time ago someone told me about bug in new epsxe that prevented cut scenes from working properly in some games. Ok first try it in fpse with same settings.If problems are still there then lets go over to settings.

In some machines for RE-2 accurate cd rom timing needs to be enabled.Secondly you should try various sound plugins to see that helps or not.

i finished all psx REs on my computer.RE-3 twice and RE-2 have been finished 3-4 times (its fun to use cheats and play differently).I think I didnt faced any problems in fpse though there was a big slow down in epsxe during cut scenes.

Taking snaps ? Many softwares like hypersnap and aldoscapture (pay a visit to our screen grabbers section).But easiest is pressing F8 which saves the screenshot under snap folder(works surely with pete's plugins).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SOLVED - finally!

Thanks to all who responded! I made a few discoveries by playing around according to suggestions, and this is what I came up with:

For RE2/3:
- switch sound plug-in from Null2 Audio Driver 1.4 to the ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0
- enable XA Read
- possibly enable CDDA Sound

Voila!!! No more skipping or cutout during dialogue, not even scratchiness. :D

Unfortunately, there is still slowdown during such events as the explosion at the very beginning. Don't know how to get around that...?

It's great to have fellow RE enthusiasts who don't mind sharing (or cheating, to play differently! ;) ).

·
Registered
19 Posts
RE3 cut scenes flickering

The borders of the letterbox in the cut scenes keep flickering.. is this normal? otherwise the rest if the game works great

ePSXe 1.4, Pete's OpenGL 1.53, Internal SPU & CD

P3 933MHz
256MB SDRAM
GeForce2 GTS
DirectX 8.0a
Win98SE
Pioneer DVD-ROM

·
Banned
7,778 Posts
hmmm.... I know what you are talking about. I don't have a geForce2 (I wish), but I have had that problem before. I think I fixed it by lowering the offscreen drawing setting. If that doesn't work, try playying around with the settings. Good luck.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Ninja
hmmm.... I know what you are talking about. I don't have a geForce2 (I wish), but I have had that problem before. I think I fixed it by lowering the offscreen drawing setting. If that doesn't work, try playying around with the settings. Good luck.
Almost certainy is the OD setting. Try to avoid "Extended", it often causes flickering.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
19 Posts
nope i tried foolin around with the OD setting but the flickerings still there. HOWEVER i found out (by accident) that Alt-Enter-ing to windows mode & back stops the flickering. weird huh? btw is this the correct "fix"? :idea:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by losconquistador
nope i tried foolin around with the OD setting but the flickerings still there. HOWEVER i found out (by accident) that Alt-Enter-ing to windows mode & back stops the flickering. weird huh? btw is this the correct "fix"? :idea:
Really weird.I dont think thats the correct fix.Any experts there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts