Next Generation Emulation banner

Request: Wiimote Support.

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PersonaUser22 
#1 ·
Yes, I'm going to be that person. I'm posting this purely to see the response and hope that, somehow, the developers are looking at this forum and say "Hey, that sounds like a neat idea!" Having that been said, forgive me.

I love Time Crisis. I have no less than three GunCon's and I managed to rope my college buddies into a few rounds of the games on my PS2 back in the day. With the advent of LCD and Plasma screens, my GunCon's are now completely useless. I've attempted to get the Wiimote working fairly believably in place of the GunCon through Windows and PCSX2, but to little success.

So, my question is, would a Wiimote plugin be possible, allowing us all to once again play our beloved Arcade on-rail shooters?

#3 ·
Looking at LilyPad a bit closer, it does seem to recognize that the Wiimote is there. However, when trying to configure it, I don't get any kind of response.

If there was a solid way to get Time Crisis 2 and 3, not only in HD, but with some kind of wiimote support, that would be amazing. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
Firstly, if you want to use the Wiimote as a pointer device (like a gun) you need a sensor bar (or 2 candles) and the proper software (like Glovepie) installed.

#6 ·
Yes, Masta.g, all the first-level stuff is done. I actually have a wireless sensor bar. As for the Wiimote itself, there are multiple programs I could use, but they can only get me so far.

First, PCSX2 has to acknowledge the Light Gun peripheral (The GunCon 2.) as an input device. Second, I need to tell PCSX2 that the Wiimote is the stand-in for the original device, which requires the program to acknowledge the the Wiimote and allow button mapping [to replace the light gun's controls].

When I tried to map Wiimote button presses to even the PS2 controller [in PCSX2], it would not respond. That's why a Wiimote Plugin would be useful. (After all, the PS2 got a healthy number of light gun games.) For me, Time Crisis has a very Arcade-level of appeal, complete with the nostalgia factor. It would be amazing to play those games again.

I hope the post made sense. Otherwise, I can elaborate further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.