Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm a big fan of KH and like every game I have that has no theatre feature I want to have all the cut-scenes in my PC, I downloaded from a web site all cut-scenes but the cut-scene of the 1000 heartless (previous and after battle) is blurry and I've only found less quality videos on other sites.
So I'm requesting this:
1 IF someone is currently playing the KH2 and s near that cut-scene could he or she make a video and upload it.
2 If no one can take the 1st request can someone tell me what plugins, how to configure them to make the video and look as smooth as posible.
Any help would be VERY apreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but I already have a software for recording screen now I need the plugins and how to configure them because I have the Graphics fairly right but speed at 10-20fps.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,479 Posts
Thanks, but I already have a software for recording screen now I need the plugins and how to configure them because I have the Graphics fairly right but speed at 10-20fps.
In that case, the only way you'll get a full-speed cut scene video capture is if you have a TV input card that you can plug your PS2 into.

Screen capture software like Fraps and VirtualDub require a fair amount of CPU usage and PCSX2 uses %100 CPU nearly all of the time. :/ Then there is the issue of trying to read the game .iso from the HDD while trying to write the captured video to it at the same time. You would need to capture the video to a separate HDD than the one storing your game .iso...

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
U won't obtain full speed period, ur processor and GPU are not sufficient for the task. Recording also takes a fair amount of the CPU usage like masta.g.86 said above, u will need to upgrade ur pc if u want to record without slowdowns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I could use a friends PC that's fairly better than mine:
PC: Not sure
Clock Speed: 3.? Ghz. (3 Ghz aprox)
Graphic Card: Don't know but he plays lots of games
RAM: 2 GB
And also I play my game from my Disc is there something better if I play it from the HDD?

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
If u just want to record the video, use a recording program like FRAPS and set the FPS to 50/60 depending on the game version. Just leave it recording and go do something else, it will take a heck of a long time depending on the FMV.

The audio may be a bit of a problem to record, I don't know how to get around that, so maybe someone else can help u there. Good luck.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,479 Posts
Well I could use a friends PC that's fairly better than mine:
PC: Not sure
Clock Speed: 3.? Ghz. (3 Ghz aprox)
Graphic Card: Don't know but he plays lots of games
RAM: 2 GB
And also I play my game from my Disc is there something better if I play it from the HDD?
If you run games from the HDD, FMVs will play back a lot more smoothly. It also improves overall speeds when games load data on-the-fly.

If your friend has a quad core CPU and a secondary HDD, you may be able to get near full speed recording. PCSX2 can only use up to 2 cores, so the other 2 cores can open up threads for the purpose of capturing and encoding the video.

As for me maintaining the secondary HDD as a necessity, if you are trying to record an FMV, the HDD will be constantly trying to read while at the same time Fraps, VDub, etc. will be trying to record to the same HDD. That would cause an overall slowdown of the playback of the FMV and will cause the recorder to skip recording frames.

If you're trying to record in-game shots, you may still drop frames if game data is loaded on-the-fly.

Using a TV card is still by far and large the best way to record PS2 game footage.

If u just want to record the video, use a recording program like FRAPS and set the FPS to 50/60 depending on the game version. Just leave it recording and go do something else, it will take a heck of a long time depending on the FMV.

The audio may be a bit of a problem to record, I don't know how to get around that, so maybe someone else can help u there. Good luck.
Setting Fraps to record at 50fps or 60fps requires a huge amount of CPU power and requires an enormous amount of HDD space.

It's better to use 25fps (PAL) or 30fps (NTSC) and just speed up the playback rate in a video editor.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Refer to this article for a general procedure.
Clumsy me, I forgot about ZeroSPU2 feature of recording the audio, I did that back when I had my Pentium D and it is by far the best way when ur pc is not powerful enough to handle the stress of pcsx2 and other applications simultaneously.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks but the quality of the textures is pretty lame and the speed is slow also how do you use the ZeroSPU2 sound record, as soon as I press F12 it starts recording but it doesn't stop (the same happens to me with ZeroGS) by the way I have Windows XP so DirectX9 not 10.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts