Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been googling things in order to find out how to fix my PCSX2 emulator. I did find a thread by someone with nearly the same problem, but that thread didn't quite help me; so, if you don't mind, I'll make another one that may help me more :)

Okay, so everytime I try to open up my game an error pops up: "Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\David Healy\Desktop\New Folder\rs-hearts.iso"

So I let out a sigh and decide it to try it on the hard copy of my game.

Same problem.

And when I click 'okay' on the error, a new one pops up: "Error Opening CDVD Plugin."

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks very much :)

(by the way: sorry if this thread could have gone in a more relevant section; this one seemed to be the most relevant)

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
you didn't configured the CDVD Plugin correctly.
follow this guilde: PCSX2.net - Guide

but why do you still stick with 0.9.2 when 0.9.4 and even 0.9.5 Beta is out? :eyemove:
For KH, you should use 0.9.5 SVN 377, it fixes a bug where the game get stuck at the beginning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
never got around to installing a new one :p. Just did it. When I tried to install the svn it keeps saying "This application has failed ot start because gnu_gettext.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I'll read the guide on installing the plugin, thank you very much.

Edit: Sorry, I'm actually really confused even after reading that guide x|. Just not sure what to do with the CDVD plugin.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
u are most likely using the CDVD Null plugin or u haven't configure the other plugins well.

If running it from the disc, Use Peops CDVD plugin and configure it to point to ur DVD Reader (ex : D: or E:)

If you are runnign it from ur HDD, then use Linuzapps as ur CDVD plugin, go to configurations and locate the ISO file of the game.

Once u have configure the plugin, go to file, then click Run CD/DVD.

I hope this is clear enough for u, if not, then I'll re-post with screenshots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thank you very much :). I am currently at the select a language part. Is there any way for me to be able to control it with my keyboard/mouse? I thought I saw a plugin but I'm not quite sure. Thanks again, to all those who helped me out; just need a little more.

Edit: Maybe I should investigate more before asking questions xD. But what is LX, LY, RX, and RY?

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Posting a pic is more useful, where did u see that LX, LY, etc...?

Use TwinPad as ur plugin for controller, you can download it here PCSX2.net - Downloads. TwinPad is a plugin for Keyboards and it even has support for both analog sticks.

If u have any more questions, be sure to ask and some1 will be able to help u.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very much. I downloaded lilypad, and spent forever coming up with good keypad positioning. When I went to start the game, the program kept crashing. So idk what's up with that.

Also: When I try to configure twinpad in the configuration menu, nothing will pop up. What should I do to fix this?

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
lx, ly, rx, ry is refering to the x and y axis of the joy sticks on the ps2 controller, i would recommend either that plug in listed or go buy a controller for your pc as most plug ins will need a controller to function well, you could try to use your mouse but that will only really work with 1 of those joy sticks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lx, ly, rx, ry is refering to the x and y axis of the joy sticks on the ps2 controller, i would recommend either that plug in listed or go buy a controller for your pc as most plug ins will need a controller to function well, you could try to use your mouse but that will only really work with 1 of those joy sticks.
Ah. Yeah, perhaps I will purchase a controller.

But until then, I have to get this plugin working, which it seems to refuse to do :p. Am I supposed to put the .exe anywhere? I only put the .dll in the plugin folder.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
If the emulator is giving u issues, re-download it, extract it, place the BIOS in the BIOS folder, place LillyPad in the plugins folder and give it another go.

If u configure the emulator properly, it shouldn't be giving u any issues starting a game unless it is unplayable. Try what was suggested above and see if it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it to work :) thanks guys. Though, I found that my processor can't handle getting past the first part and quickly drops down to 20fps. Quite a disappointment. I was hoping with my 8800GT, it would help some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts