Next Generation Emulation banner

Report game compatibility here.

125K views 270 replies 102 participants last post by  adearya0207 
#1 · (Edited)
For games NOT listed in the Game Compatibility List

As of r574, compatibility is very different, this thread will be for reporting which hookmasks work for which games, how to use the hookmasks and I will compile a list of games already included in the GDB and link each post for each game in the list.

HookMode is removed entirely as of r574!.

Some games do not require a hookmask for some reason, but others do, particularly those that use unusual methods for detecting Xbox360 pads or support both Xinput and DirectInput pads(these are usually requiring HookCOM).

X360CE.GDB
In the GDB file, the HookMasks (HookMask=) are written using a combination of these hex values

• LoadLibrary(HookLL) = 0x00000001;
  • COM(HookCOM) = 0x00000002;
  • SetupAPI (HookSA) = 0x00000020;
  • WinVerifyTrust(HookWT) = 0x01000000
  • DirectInput (HookDI) = 0x00000004;
  • ProductID/VendorID (HookPIDVID) = 0x00000008;
  • Spoof name (HookName) = 0x00000010;
Hookmask 0x0100003F enables all of the above for example.
Typically, only a single value will be required in the GDB.

There are also some other values that are really only useful to the developers such as

• Stop hooking(HOOKSTOP) = 0x02000000;
  • Disable (HOOKDISABLE) = 0x80000000;
X360CE.INI
In the INI, they are entered under the [InputHook] section as

• HookLL=(0/1)
  • HookCOM=(0/1)
  • HookSA=(0/1)
  • HookWT=(0/1)
  • HOOKDI=(0/1)
  • HOOKPIDVID=(0/1)
  • HookName=(0/1)
Whilst you can just enable all 4 and forget it, it is advised to only use one of the first 3 at a time, with the 4th (HookWT) only being used specifically in games that require it, we will not simply enable all modes for a game in the GDB without significant proof (and self replication) of it being required as this may introduce undesired behavior
Don't hesitate to report if you find any games that crash with all them set, it would be good if it could eventually default to all on and be done with it.
See the thread rules below for further information.

HookCOM
Games that support both Direct and X Input API's may end up displaying both controllers in game, resulting in ghosted input or being able to start a 2 player game using a single control (SF4/SSF4 and DMC for example). HookCOM allows the game to mask the controller's directinput capabilities, which is advised by microsoft themselves on TechNet. HookCOM is the method required in most cases of games not working.​
HookLL
Many XACT games (that is, the Xbox360/PC cross platform games) require HookLL to run properly. As they do not load the xinput runtime directly, Dinput8 wrapper is required to redirect back to the local X360CE binary instead of loading the default xinput1/9_x binary.
HookSA
This enables the hooking of SetupAPI, only the BeatHazard titles are known to require it thus far, so it should almost never be needed.
HookWT
This enables the hooking of WinVerifyTrust. This is required for games which utilise WVT for Process Integrity checking.
Only Gears of War is known to use it at this point, so it should almost never be needed.
HOOKDI
This allows the wrapper to trick some games that detect the controller GUID via DirectInput, The first Assassins Creed is one such title.​
HOOKPIDVID
This works in conjunction with FakePID= and FakeVID=
Without these, it defaults to the Wired Xbox 360 Controller which are 0x28E and 0x45E respectively.
HookName
This allows x360ce to return a different oemname than that of the controller installed. For instance, in Assassins Creed it changes the name of the xinput device to Xbox 360 Controller. While this is generally not required for functionality, the game mini ninja's is known to check for "Xbox 360 Controller" in the registry and will not work if the name is anything else.
Some games will work even without any of the above set, It would be good to know these as well.

Thread Rules:

1. This thread is specifically for reporting games found to be compatible.
  2. When reporting game compatibility, the HookMask(s) used, full game title and executable name are required for adding to the GDB.
  3. If you find a game crashing that is listed in the second post, its likely not the wrapper, but an issue with your controllers drivers - particularly if it uses an obscure (probably bad) Force Feedback driver. Start your own thread or report the issue to the issue tracker.
  4. If a game is not working with any settings, start a thread of your own or report it to the issue tracker.
  5. Do not post in this thread about a game already listed unless you have evidence that settings provided by the original reporter are wrong.

See less See more
#27 ·
What I am missing, how can I put a game here that is not in the list. For example, They bleed pixels works in combination x360ce, thanks for that. Could only find the relevant data in the x360ce.ini, what do you need more? Maybe i'm missing something obvious here. (Yeah i know how to calculate a hookmask, but where can I find those other settings. Or is it, if it isn't displayed in there then it count as 0? Also the exe without spaces?) Got some more games but was thinking, first asking this :).

[InputHook]
HookMode=1

Name: They Bleed Pixels PC
[They Bleed Pixels PC.exe]

#29 ·
Game: They Bleed Pixels
Version: File 1.0.0.0
Executable: They Bleed Pixels PC.exe
[InputHook]
HookMask=0x00000000

Comments: Works with all on
HookMask=0x0100003F

Game: Hell Yeah!
Version: File 1.0.0.0
Executable: HELLYEAH.exe

[InputHook]
HookMask=0x00000000

Comments: Works with all on
HookMask=0x0100003F

Hopefull this is better, or otherwise I fail at reading :rolleyes:

#34 ·
Setting for a few games

[ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
Name = Batman: Arkham Asylum
HookMask = 0x00000002

[BatmanAC.exe]
Name = Batman: Arkham City
HookMask = 0x00000002

[NFS13.exe]
Name = Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012
HookMask = 0x00000002

[Rayman Origins.exe]
Name = Rayman Origins
HookMask = 0x00000002

[SonicGenerations.exe]
Name = Sonic Generations
HookMask = 0x00000002

#35 ·
Hookmask Not Required

1. Batman Arkham Asylum
  2. Batman Arkham City (uses xinput9_1_0.dll)
in the compatibility list

these are entirely Xinput titles, they don't need HookCOM.

NFS13 probably supports DirectInput wheels and force feedback, so hookcom was obvious.

#39 ·
my copy isn't the GOTY edition, so they may have changed something in the rerelease if thats what you have.

Either way, afaik neither version supports DirectInput at all So unless your control already is an Xbox 360 controller, HookCOM should not be necessary, and you should be using Durazno instead of X360CE.

#43 ·
Got Saints Row: The Third working correcly by adding

Code:
[SaintsRowTheThird.exe]
Name = Saints Row: The Third
HookMask = 0x00000002

[SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe]
Name = Saints Row: The Third
HookMask = 0x00000002
to x360ce.gdb

Also, it needs only xinput1_3.dll.

#45 · (Edited)
Np, glad to be of some help. I'll keep reporting my results on the games I have.

Rusty Hearts, which was pending testing for the new hookmask system, does not require a HookMask, and uses xinput9_1_0.dll, as reported previously. I use xinput1_3.dll too (although I did not test if it's needed) because the game came with a version of these files anyway, and so I overwrote both of them for x360ce.

Borderlands 2 also does not require a HookMask, and uses only xinput1_3.dll (I'm not sure who would use a controller for this, but here it is anyway :D)

#47 · (Edited)
Super Meat Boy requires xinput9_1_0.dll and

Code:
[SuperMeatBoy.exe]
Name = Super Meat Boy
HookMask = 0x00000002
added to the .GDB (HookCOM).

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger uses xinput1_3.dll and does not require a HookMask (tested using the demo).

Hitman: Absolution uses xinput9_1_0.dll and does not require a HookMask.

Awesomenauts uses xinput1_3.dll and does not require a HookMask.

Worms Revolution uses xinput1_3.dll and requires HookCom.

Code:
[WormsRevolution.exe]
Name = Worms Revolution
HookMask = 0x00000002
--

By the way, the following games, from the "pending testing for the new hookmask system" lists:

Code:
Darksiders
Magicka
FIFA 10
already have entries in the .GDB.

--

Also, Assassin's Creed: Revelations (ACRSP.exe and ACRMP.exe) is listed as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Code:
[ACRSP.exe]
Name = Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
HookMask = 0x00000002

[ACRMP.exe]
Name = Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer
HookMask = 0x00000002
and even though Gears of War is in the HookWT list, and Slam Bolt Scrappers is in the Multiple HookMasks (HookCOM + Hook_DI + HookVIDPID) list, they do not have entries in the .GDB. From a Google search I'm guessing the entries would be

Code:
[wargame-g4wlive.exe]
Name = Gears of War
HookMask = 0x01000000
and

Code:
[SBS.exe]
Name = Slam Bolt Scrappers
HookMask = 0x0000000E
but I'm not sure about the executable names as I don't have those games.

#48 · (Edited)
That isn't Fifa 10 in the pending list ;) (edit, nvm, i saw it was listed under not working)

kudo's for reminding me to move Darksiders and Magicka though
if you have the filename.exe for Darksiders 2 that'd help me as well.

the gears and slambolt file names were never reported, thats why they aren't in the GDB.

#49 · (Edited)
FIFA 10 was under [HookMode -> Known games that do not work], even though it has an entry in the GDB. But you fixed it already :p

Darksiders II executable is Darksiders2.exe.

The Slam Bolt Scrappers executable is SBS.exe according to SteamDB, but the Gears of War one is still a guess. Would be nice if someone confirmed this for us :(

EDIT: you can get the executable names from Steam games using http://steamdb.info/

EDIT²: from page 2, SBS executable name:

hi there!

the game "Slam Bolt Scrappers" (SBS.exe) needs the following Hooks:

HOOKDI=1
HOOKPIDVID=1
HookCOM=1

(all others can be 0, but it also works ith all of them set to 1.)

otherwise using 2 emulated controllers, one controller controls both players.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.