Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Do you know where to get the source for render plugin's for vba-m/kega fusion.
I would like to combine the bilinear filter with the 2xSaI filter, if it's not to complicated.

Unfortunately the filters in Kega and VBA-M cannot be combined.
But the combination of bilinear (first) with 2xSaI (second; applied on bilinear filter) has fantastic results.

If it's hard to implement, can someone, who has more experience, create such a filter?

Best Regards,
Paperman

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Here is the source code to the render plugins:

http://www.emucr.com/2013/04/kega-fusion-plugins-20130427.html

I'm sure someone can chime in if there is a source code repository anywhere for this.

Also, with a recent build of VBA-M, if you go into Video > Render API, you can enable bilinear filtering there for both DX9 and OpenGL. Then, enable 2xSAI through the filter plugin and you will have bilinear + 2xSAI. Kega Fusion has a similar option in Video > Filtered. Although this may not be exactly what you want.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your support.
I tried already the bilinear D3D or opengl option in vba-m together with the filtering.
But as soon as the filtering is activated the bilinear filtering is deactivated.
Same for Kega Fusion. You can easily compare the resulting images and you will clearly see the difference. That's why I wanted to create such a filter. :)

The only emulators which can combine bilinear filtering with other filters like 2xsai are snes9x and nestopia. Retroarchs shaders can be stacked as well.
All other emulators (including vba-m and fusion) can just activate the one or the other filter effect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts