Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to lie saying I've searched through emuforums extensively..just a bit but didn't find anything. I did search / research in PSP dedicated sites but only ended up with a mess of what firmware do I need or even how to get said firmware to run on my PSP.

The model I have has version 5.03 in it, the idea is to eventually get to the point where I can run Custom Firmware Extender / remotejoy. Problem is, I have no idea how to do it, what do I need for it and where do I get it. Any insight would be quite appreciated.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll be reading those shortly, one question though; will I be able to save my progress in games? What I read on other sites about remotejoy is that nobody was able to save progress unless they were using Custom Firmware Extender.

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
You're welcome :) You should be able to save your games, but I'm not sure since I don't own a 3000. You can look for more info and plugins for 3000 on psp-hacks.com. Also, there's a new CFW coming out on December 15.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, making aside initial PSP Type B driver issues with Vista 64, irshell / remotejoy4irs worked fine. Still, I'd like to find a way to make remote joy lite work since it seems like a more complete alternative.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, helped a lot.

·
Nii Yugito fangirl #1
1,333 Posts
If you ever get Remote Joy Lite working under Vista, tell us how you did it here, oh Lord of mine. Been jobbin' that bugger for a while now to no avail.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think I'll ever be able to run rjl since I haven't read anything out there that mentions using the plugin in a PSP 3000 (all the guides I've read about the plugin need you to restart after installing or somesuch and obviously, on a PSP 3000 that's not an option since you lose the firmware). A shame, rjl4iir doesn't look nearly as good as rjl. =x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.