Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
situation: downloaded epsxe a few days ago, eerything was working fine. i didnt play it for a day, and next time i open it, it doesnt work anymore. i click on "run isos" and nothing happens. obviously im new at this emu stuff. search for a solution but nothing happens. i decide to reinstall and it works again.

i had already saved 2 game states before reinstalling, and i wanted to be abe to load that (saved in computer not in ps memory card). before i deleted the original epsxe i had, i did the most logical thing for a newbie like me, i went to the "memcards" folder and i saw epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr. i kept those before deleting it. after reinstalling and placed those back where it was before and it looks exactly the same.

sucks though, it didnt seem to work. tried loading state and no go. what can i do or what should i have done?

any help is much appreciated, this is a pretty cool site.

· Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
Welcome to Emuforums, joenoob!

Yes, this is a cool site and you should introduce yourself at open discussion.

Alright, back to your question. Memory card files (*.mcr) stores only your memory card saves. Save states are located in a different folder under your ePSXe folder (\sstates) and this folder you should backup, too.

For recovering your lost files, it's not sure if you can do anything, but try this: If you haven't empty your recycle bin, check if those files are still there and undelete them right away.

If your bin is empty, download a piece of software for undeleting files (you can find many with Googling, for example this one). Do a scan and if you can find those files (in good condition), restore them back to your \sstates-folder.

Good luck.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
titus03: thanks! yeah i did that yesterday when i realized sstates meant save states, and yup it worked. thanks! i have a new problem though. everytime my laptop shuts down i have to reinstall everything again cos it just wont run. i open epsxe, run iso, and epsxe closes. also to note, when i use the wizard guide and it goes to the window of the controllers, when i click on controller one or two epsxe closes down as well. any ideas on how to fix this? if i make the laptop hibernate instead of fully shutting down it still works, but it'd be nice to know how to fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.