Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deleted the registry key to fix some problems...
ePSXe won't re0install, some wierd registry error.
It won't make a new registry key for itself, either.
System configuration is irrelevant. I'm using windows ME, if that makes a difference, and no, system restore doesn't work, either.
So, I need to manually create my ePSXe registry entries. Anyone got a screen cap of theirs so I can just plunk it into my reg and fiddle with it from there?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...

could not open key in installer/(insert long unintelligable string of letters and numbers here.
Make sure you have sufficient access rights to this registry key.

Trust me, regclean won;t do it. Tried.
I don't think I'll find a solution for that problem anytime soon.
Besides, you don't have to go out of your way, just lemme know what I have to do to manually get ePSXe's registry stuff workin' and that'll be that :yawn:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
kinda Sounds as if your trying to install it using a non admin account. That long unintelligent string is the very key you need to edit;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh

There is only one account, and that is Me. I am not on a network, I am the soul user of this machine, and it does not serve anything. I can't find the key anywhere, because "/installer/whatever" doesn't give me a very good location...
I want my retranslated FF4, dagnabbit! Not only do I want that, but I also want my FFT! GAH!! *is going insane and has not played any RPG's in a week thanks to malfunctions consoles and computer...*

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
You, calm down or i'll shoot you ;)
Here, this reg file will input, and reset almost all the settings of the emu, after this you configure it the way you like it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the try...

...but it didn't work :\
Not your fault, It tells me "error accessing the registry" flat-out.
Screen cap, please? Thanks alot for all the effort, though. I'm going to exit out and load up ME's boot disk with scanreg on it to clean it up.
Geese, wonder if this flaw is engineered? XP comes out, may be the solution to all my problems, and it's rigt around the time all of them start popping up...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yaaay!!
:smash: Some quick work with the scanreg and those keys you guys gave me has everything good as new! Thanks alot people! You're great here ^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts