·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes put not does you play on you tv

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Region free, sure. As far as I know region protection is against the laws of globalization anyway ;)

There's nothing wrong with importing your stuff, unlike what Sony tries to prevent. I do remember that modding consoles was frowned upon here, because of chipping stuff being illegal in a few countries. The DMCA doesn't allow so since it's "circumventing copy protection".

Long story short: Just ask :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that why i did not ask the right one becase i did think i did do so this thred will be closed
i have a dvd playes on my computer and i use DVD Play BD this for to play the blue ray disc. and i whant this to be region free but i am not sure where i can get this to be region free i know a software can do it. but i cant find it whit this player i use on blue ray ;(

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
The drive itself has no region. You can set the region code of the drive to play discs from specific regions, but that's about it, and you are limited to the number of times you can set the region codes.

Long story short, it's the disc that is region-free, not the drive. If you want to import stuffs then make sure what you are importing is region-free, or multi-region and yours is on the list.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know that i need a program to get it region free but i am not sure what program i can use too do it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes that i know but i can make this software to think its region free what can i use?

i have a dvd player that i have plug in to the tv. thats is region free but i also whant the dvd software on the computer to be region free aswell

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
You can try searching for a region-free firmware for your computer's DVD drive. Just do a google search using your DVD drive's model number and the words "firmware region free". Hopefully, you'll get a few hits.

-OR-

You can try going here and dig around for the proper region free firmware. Just make sure you use the correct one.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Region ignoring DVD software? I'm not sure if I understand your question well, but did you ever consider using Media Player Classic? It's my standard DVD player and I'm never bothered with regional stuff.

Or am I the one overlooking things?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
yes that i know but i can make this software to think its region free what can i use?

i have a dvd player that i have plug in to the tv. thats is region free but i also whant the dvd software on the computer to be region free aswell
Ah, then we are talking about forcing the software to bypass region-coding?

In which case, that is an illegal discussion. Region-coding is a form of protection in itself (DRM), and as such, circumventing it is as illegal as breaking the copy-protection of a disc.

There IS a way to break the region code check in softwares, but again, I have to warn you that that is illegal. As much as using modchip is. (You can blame copyrights protection laws for this silly imposition)

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.