Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regen is an accuracy focused emulator which can emulate the following systems with very high degree of accuracy:
* Sega Genesis/MegaDrive
* Sega Master System
* Sega Game Gear
* Sega SC-3000
* Sega SG-1000

Regen 0.97 and 0.97D released

Finally, after many months, Regen 0.97 and 0.97D have finally been released. Regen 0.97 is the normal fast build while Regen 0.97D has the debuggers enabled (thus its slow). This release is a HUGE update on the previous 0.96 release. It includes lots of changes and new stuff (way too much stuff to mention here). So see the included “History.txt” in the download package to see all the new stuff and changes. And speaking of download packages, I’ve built two different normal builds. One has some video stuff optimized using SSE2 and other is not. So if you are using a processor newer than the Pentium 4 (except AthlonXP) you should download SSE2 one as it is much faster than the non-SSE2 build. The non-SSE2 optimized will run on anything. Also, if someone wants, I can make 64-bit builds of Regen as well. Just post a request at the forums or mail me.
Site @ AamirM's Home Page

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it works okay for me, jembut.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Thanks, I downloaded it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
@RockmanForte ,T_T sse2 version still not works for me, any amd user try this emu???maybe its build with intel c++ or something

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
It "works" (vanilla) version but crashes when I reset the emulator to load another game. It resets if I resize the screen to from full screen to window.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Can you please describe the exact steps that you are doing so I can reproduce this?
I installed the emulator into it's own subfolder with no other files.

F:\Sega Genesis\Regen097

1. I run the .exe file

2. I select a Master System game (Space Harrier)

It loads ok

3. I resize the screen (alt/enter) it crashes randomly.

or

2. I select the game

3. Play it

4. Reset the emulator (options menu)

5. try to load another game, it crashes.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@AamirM,

Look at his signature: Windows XP SP3 :)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, you should! ^_^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.