Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I bought FFIX.

I played FF7 & FF8 without any great problem, so I started playing FFIX and runs fine during talking scenes. But when a random battle starts the loading time for the battle scene is too long (about 6-8 seconds) though I can hear the sound running normally , so the questions are:

Is this normal?
How can I improve the loading time?

I'm using ISO images, Peops GPU plugin, Eternal SPU lite.

TIA :cool:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Too long compared to what? That's about how long it takes on a Playstation, including the battle swirl. I tested this using the battle against the Boss at the beginning of the game.

You could always use Pete's OGL or OGL2; those have a function to uncap the framerate if you press the "9". I find it very handy to speed up memory card operations and other slow parts of games.

Finally, if it's your config and your machine is puissant enough to do OGL2, you might want to consider using that via the config I posted here within the last week: >>>LINK<<<

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ew, yuck, onboard graphics. you wont be getting good results at all due to the fact that the battle swirls use framebuffer effects...you can try Framebuffer Texture/Framebuffer access at 0/4, respectively, but i dont know if that will do it.

Pete's Software GPU plugin is always there for ya ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.