Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using regsupreme for a while cause I read it's one of the best out there to keep clean registry
but i noticed in registry programs that I dont use anymore they're still there even if I clean it with regsupreme
which reg cleaner should I use then?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I recommed you RegSeeker. Not only a complete registry cleaner (you can search for entries, delete a lot of hidden inusable values, etc) it is a good Windows tweaker utility too. Just use it with care (although you can backup the registry before a drastic change on it).

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
I think reg cleaners are a waste of time. You can't get any performance gain (didn't do benchmarks, but my 350mhz PII stayed 350mhz :p) but it's possible to mess up the computer. Reg editors like jv16 powertools or basic registry cleaner like ccleaner's (since the reg clean only took a few seconds) is enough.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
For me i use System Mechanic Pro it work great.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Do you guys actuaily pay for software to tweak your PCs?
Never pay for any software.:p

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
WindHydra said:
I think reg cleaners are a waste of time. You can't get any performance gain (didn't do benchmarks, but my 350mhz PII stayed 350mhz :p) but it's possible to mess up the computer. Reg editors like jv16 powertools or basic registry cleaner like ccleaner's (since the reg clean only took a few seconds) is enough.
i have to agree with this, you have more chance of messing windows up completely resulting in a reinstall than actually making anything work better/faster.

raksmey1308: be VERY careful what you say

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.