Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Recently I discovered a weird thing. I was at ebay trying to bid on an item, so I kept on hitting refresh over and over. Suddenly it was "lagging" badly, so I try to open another browser window, which defaults to google, and it also doesn't load. I was able to reproduce this occurence, and I counted the number of refresh to be around ~9-10. I was using Firefox 1.5, so I tried IE, same thing. Then I tried again with Dictionary.com and google.com, this doesn't happen. Any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, realized that when I thought of my trusty little watch (8 years and going strong!!). I'm still curious as to what is up though. By queries you mean ebay's server side right? I thought of that, but the thing is, as I described, I couldn't even load up google when that happens. Weird.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
This happens to me too, like at the end when I'm about to pounce on an item at the last few seconds, I'll refresh it till there's next to no time left and then place bid. Only to find it lag horribly. This has even cost me a win on an auction once.:p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
god, you guys are douchebags who have no idea how ebay's bidding system works and why you should never, ever, never ever have to make a "last second" bid.

/me gets off the soapbox

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Care to explain?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Maybe he's talking about ebay's automatic bidding? Actually it doesn't work all the time because you often see someone who bids like 10 times in a row and finally win :eyemove: If you do last second bid he won't have enough time to do 10 bids (but I do wonder why the person don't just enter the highest bid :lol:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.