Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im new to the emulation world. I started a few days back when I found a box of old PSone and PS2 games in my basement while cleaning up. Got the ich to play some of them. Since I no longer own a PSone or PS2, only a 3, I started looking at ways to play some of my old PSone games. Got ePSXe working for my Reel Fishing, and Reel Fishing II, and Beyond the Beyond.

Now before I go working out of town, im trying to get a few of my PS2 games working on my laptop, so I dont have to lug my PS3 along (bored with current games).

So I have the PCSX2 running, It boots the game. But runs rediculasly slow. 1.4FPS or so. I only get to the main splash screen, the Natume serious fun screen.

Id like to get this working.

Im using all the stock plug-ins that come with PCSX2.

Im running an HP HDX18
Intel Q9000 2ghz, Quad Core
4GB of ram
500GB HD (single, no raid)
Geforce 9600GT (512mb dedicated, another 512 shared)
Using a bin I ripped of the disc

Can only get the non VM version to run (if that makes a difference)

Any ideas? Perhaps get some different plug-ins?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off I do have one. Its in the basement somewhere, in the storage under my stairs. Since I found the games, id bet its not too much farther back. Im not gonna dig it out, and take it on the road, when I have to take my laptop for work. One less thing to pack in and out.

I said I dont have one because i dont even know where it is exactly. And I didnt wanna hear someone tell me just to use my PS2 etc.

Also since I have a 60GB PS3, which has the PS2 harward within it (not software emulation like the 80GB) Im pretty sure Im covered.

·
Registered IT crowd
680 Posts
And I didnt wanna hear someone tell me just to use my PS2 etc.

Also since I have a 60GB PS3, which has the PS2 harward within it (not software emulation like the 80GB) Im pretty sure Im covered
1 - I never said : "Use your PS2"
2 - Owning a PS3 doesn't change anything.
3 - I you didn't find your PS2 can you explain us how you dumped your PS2 bios ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.