Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible at all? So far I've only seen such a configuration in the software plugins, but the software plugins are so slow on my computer while the opengl ones work just fine. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
so you mean you want to have it in full screen....but the game doesnt actually take up the entire screen? why dont you just play it in a window?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that's what I meant. I usually use a window since the smaller size reduces the level of pixelation and blockiness (for games with sprite backgrounds), but the clutter of the wallpaper and windowss icons are somewhat distracting.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
hmm, well, as far as i know with the hw plugins you cant do that.

i remember there was a software out there that created letterboxing back in the day before DVD playing programs scaled to fullscreen...but that really isnt what you need.

you could get a black desktop wallpaper and then right click -->arrange icons by--->show desktop icons (uncheck) :p

orrrrr just deal with it.

OR if you're really feeling ballsy, and you really care about it, go talk to Pete! no, i'm serious! he just added in some new stretching modes to his OGL2 plugin--at user request. so go to his forums, make a request for something like that, and see if Pete can work it in. hey, it's worth a shot.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
setting Pete's Opengl 2.08 stretching option to 3: try to keep aspect radio gives it almost what u want

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.