Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if members of NGEmu will have the option to turn off the sponsersnet.com redirect links or not. Currently all off link urls on NGEmu's main page redirect to an ad page then after 10 seconds takes you to the site you want .. but leaves a thing at the top of the page .. which most likely is tracking your web habits. These effect the affiliates links, the hosted sites links and any link in the news post that are not www.ngemu.com.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yea i noticed that Today while visiting a site on the affiliate list, when i click EXEmu.net it takes me to somthing else?

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Some people have already noticed this fact, and according to Raziel on this thread , Bobbi will be looking into it:

Raziel said:
We're having issues with ads right now, like them messing up offsite links, we'll have to wait til Bobbi comes around tomorrow to get this fixed, as this isn't tolerable, sorry for the inconveniance dudes.

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah we talked about that on IRC and the redirects were added on purpose. So now I am asking if we will have the option to turn that off so we don't have to use the ad redirect or make it so it only effects non members like the pop ups (currently if you are logged out the redirect does not effect you .. it is only for members).

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Oh, I get it now. I was unaware about the redirects being intentional. Then your question is really important, since I think that those redirects suck.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
AdBlock will happily filter it off. ;)

·
Nu...
472 Posts
How so? I'm not to proficient customizing it's options ;)

Edit: Whoa it must have known i was talking about it. I just went to the main page after posting that message and the sponsor redirects were gone; even after refreshing a few times

Edit2: Too good to be true, after checking the page after posting my edit they're back :lol:

·
Registered
548 Posts
i use firefox and just used the ad-blocker extension and added *sponsorsnet.com* to the filter list... worked like a charm..

G

·
The redirect thingy is completly removed now - it's something our ad provider suggested us to use, but it's annoy as hell so I turned it off again today :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts