Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've recently bought a used Geforce FX 5900SE. It works fine and the temp stays at around 42'C idle. The only problem I have is sometimes I see red lines jumping around against, in fact, only colors like NgEmu's background, not black, white, red, etc. These "lines" are angled, instead of curved. Sometimes I only see a few, other times full of the screen. Is this what people called an "artifact"? My card isn't OCed by the way. Is this a temperature issue? Thank you.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
It does sound like artifacts, yeah. Have you tried changing drivers to see what hapens? Some drivers I use (in fact, all but the ones from nVidia's website or my CD) gave me odd red, blue, and green artifacts covering the screen (but only in a few 3-D games) so before you presume it's the card, that may be something worth checking out. If not, hopefully returning the card for a replacement or refund is possible.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried both 56.72 and 78.01, both seem to have the problem. Replacement/refund might take some effort, and at least I need to be 100% sure it's the card's problem before thinking about that. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.