Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help with NFS high stakes. When game starts can see the "loading" at bottom of screen then ePSXe shuts down, giving me the message recompile block to large. Does anybody know what this is. I have tried all plugins. Is this just a game that cannot be played. :confused:

Anybody Know where to go to find this answer?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1300mhz
128ram
TNT2pro32mb
12xDVDrom

Pete's DX6 d3d driver1.52
lori's directsound 1.4
internal w9x cdr

I have tried almost all the plugins that I can download. Do you have any idea what it might be related to?
Also searched the forum for old posts they didn't get answered either

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Maybe it's just one of those games that cannot be run at all. As good as all the PSX emulators are, none of them has perfect emulation yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
800x600 32bit rez
texture:best colors
filter:extended
cache:dynamic
use fps limit auto detect
os drawing extended
advanced blending hardware
framebuffer gfx card buffer
Misc color dithering

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
An ISO will invariably run faster, as it has the advantage of a VERY high seek speed and cannot have problems such as scratches it needs to try and read thru. Generally, if you play a game a lot and have the space, you ALWAYS make an ISO of that game.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got some new information to someone who might be able to answer my question on the recompile block to large.

I noticed that when epsxe is loading in the black window that on one of the lines it says "gettrackinfo error (4)". Does anyone know what that means?

·
Registered
19 Posts
the game may be copy-protected, in which case, you would either need a patch or its impossible to play. This however may not be the case. The problem you originally said sounds very wierd. What happens is a block of instructions gets recompiled as native machine instruction code and usually the end of the block is when there is some sort of jump instruction. This means that they shut down the system if it goes too far without getting to a jump instruction, but I've never seen this in any other game. You may want to submit a bug report to the authors telling your specifics and the error message. Then again, maybe it does have something to do with your cd error.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Need to know more about these patchs that you a reffering to. where? how?,do I find them most patches I've seen are for PC games.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
if it is copyprotected, you can do a google search for the .ppf patch. you usually need a ISO to patch it (in the form of bin/cue). however, we cant post the links here becaue most of the sites i know of with these patches also contain links to warez in one form or another.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Bgnome, was kind of curious if you where going to reply to this thread when I asked that. Sorry but that's un issue I've never incountered here on this site didn't even know that these patches existed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts